• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-14 interior

Lasater

Texas
My -14 had a small fire (on the ground) and it looks like the insurance company is going to pay for a new interior. I currently have upholstered side panels, carpeting, and cloth seats. I would like something a little more utilitarian and sturdy. As far as I know, no company is selling ready made -14 interiors.

Any suggestions? Of course the price has to be reasonable because insurance will only pay for something comparable to what I already have.

Thanks,

Ed

My 12's interior is Kydex. It's easy to work with, installs easily, looks great, and won't dent. The surface is lightly textured and the color is uniform through the entire sheet so scratches don't show. If I was doing another Cub project I'd use Kydex again, without question. I stayed with an aluminum headliner since I didn't know how to heat form Kydex at that time. Since I did mine MCS Mike has done some creative bending with Kydex including forming a D window return. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Stewart

No, not even close. Kydex is very flexible and is not prone to cracking. In fact I doubt you could crack it if you tried. That's why the .040 thickness is desirable. The .028 is plenty tough but isn't rigid enough to be practical.

I wish Plane Plastics would vacuum form Cessna panels using Kydex!

Stewart

look below at my videos link on youtube- "previous pa-12" is his,

I cant claim much on the inside, he had already done 95% of it

Back