• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Huntin Ferel hogs from choppers Oklahoma

SteveE

SPONSOR
Jenks, OK
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10301889

Governor To Consider Feral Hog Hunting Measure
Posted: May 04, 2009 8:20 PM CDT
Updated: May 04, 2009 9:41 PM CDT

The bill's author, Rep. Don Armes of Faxon, says 20 other states have similar programs to manage feral hog populations.OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Oklahoma House has given final passage to legislation that authorizes hunters to use helicopters to kill feral hogs.

The House on Monday voted 92-4 for the Senate-passed bill and sent it to Gov. Brad Henry for his signature.

Supporters say the feral hog population is growing along the Red River in far southern Oklahoma as well as other areas of the state. The hogs root up crops as their herds spread, devastating rural farms and posing a possible health risk.

The bill's author, Rep. Don Armes of Faxon, says 20 other states have similar programs to manage feral hog populations.

The Texas Department of Agriculture last year awarded a $1 million contract to reduce the number of hogs there, estimated at about 2 million.

They just dont get it... Supercubs would be a lot better....(read between the lines,,,, funner)

There is also a bill that might pass about giving "commercial hunting license operations" the right to do predator control from planes....

They arent licensing the pilot or plane,, but the commercial hunting operator...idiots.

I have sent emails and phone calls to no avail...."I am not in their district,, " is a typical answer.

Maybe it can be changed someday.

Currently, here in ND you can shoot the hogs on site. Nothing required
to do so either, they just want them gone before it gets out of hand.
White turkeys also. So with no license or rules to follow, I would shoot
them from the Cub here. But there's not enough to go looking just yet,
but I'll call ya when they get out of hand :wink:

Brad

SteveE said:
The Texas Department of Agriculture last year awarded a $1 million contract to reduce the number of hogs there

How many Alaskan wolves could they transport for that $$? I bet ol' C.Lupus would like pork, & easy to catch too. They could even trade back some hogs on the backhaul. :)

Hey, Sara!!

A Minor Infraction :D

Summary:
This Act approved November 18, 1971 added to the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 a new section 13 (16 U.S.C. 742j-l), which is commonly referred to as the Airborne Hunting Act or Shooting from Aircraft Act, prohibits shooting or attempting to shoot or harassing any bird, fish, or other animal from aircraft except for certain specified reasons, including protection of wildlife, livestock, and human life as authorized by a Federal or State issued license or permit. States authorized to issue permits are required to file reports with the Secretary of the Interior containing information on any permits issued

If they become enough of a problem and want them eradicated, I don't think it will be much of a problem. (Maybe) :eek:

Brad

Originally, the Airborne Hunting Act would have excluded exotic or introduced species.

Wild Horse Annie got that changed, which really changed the intent of the law. Too bad...hunting feral horses and burros was good sport back when.

MTV

Hogs

They had a show on TV the other night on the " Pig explosion " From what they were saying, half the country has the Hog problem. People are being attacked and crop damage is huge. They are getting the D@A from the Pigs caught. I guess the Russian Boars were brought in and turned loose in some areas and now they have a high bred like HogZilla running around. There breeding so fast it does not make sense to hunt them by gun. Seem's to me if they put a reward for each one killed they would clean them up pretty fast. The wolf Idea does sounds interesting.

Bill

I support aerial application of heavy doses of lead. :evil: :evil: :evil:

SteveE's a great friend (will come running at a moments notice), without a doubt is a hoot to watch, and he definitely takes s^*t :oops: (see hoot) better than anyone I have ever known... but for the record he has been working for over a year to get private aerial predator control approved in Oklahoma and with this legislation pigs fly and coyotes don't... so, for his resume of future endeavors it's gonna take more effort before we ever see him thrive as a lobbyist!

In the mean time... I have a friend in the helicopter business :lol: 8)

OLDCROWE said:
In the mean time... I have a friend in the helicopter business :lol: 8)

SteveE

don't let OLDCROWE get one up on you

BRANTLY B-2 • $35,000 • PRICE SLASHED • 1961 B2 575 hrs TT 5stoh, recent 600hr & annual , navcom & Txpd , Very good condition , new bubble • Contact Dennis R. Roberts located Vernon, IL USA • Telephone: 417-274-6157 . 618-432-5382 • Posted May 4, 2009 •

Think of all the hell you could raise !!!! :9mm

Did anyone else see this title and picture a bunch of hells angels chasing down rouge harleys? 8)

Phil

THE united states is the only country rich enough to hire people to harass us!! THIS TOO MAY CHANGE DUE TO OUR ECONOMIC RUN-AWAY TRAIN!!

jr. :eek: :eek:

JR,,,, what in the world are you talking about....???... We are harassing pigs,, and whatever else gets in the way.... come on down.. :D

steve,

what are we going to shoot out of,the acey-ducey??
read some of the other posts,you'll figuare it out!!

jr.hammack said:
THE united states is the only country rich enough to hire people to harass us!! THIS TOO MAY CHANGE DUE TO OUR ECONOMIC RUN-AWAY TRAIN!!

Jr., is S2D sharing those voices again?

howdy,

i pray ya'll are only fool'n,if ya'r try'n to put me in the company
of S2D i hope i'am worthy of the honor!! :eek: :eek:

jr.

NimpoCub said:
SteveE said:
The Texas Department of Agriculture last year awarded a $1 million contract to reduce the number of hogs there

How many Alaskan wolves could they transport for that $$? I bet ol' C.Lupus would like pork, & easy to catch too.

The Alaskan wolves wouldn't stand a chance against some of these hogs.

Can we call these mangy k-9's hogs and quit with all the influence of all them idiots from states now killing hogs from the air??????

I see it, the Ok fly in and hog cook off, bring your own shotguner!

Old Thread.

New Post.

Wondering if this is the crew Mr. Eaton gets to hunt with.

27748169_716804231863733_632525136693992216_o.jpg

Attachments

• 27748169_716804231863733_632525136693992216_o.jpg
    27748169_716804231863733_632525136693992216_o.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 303
Ya. That’s Tracy and Stacy up front. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ya. That’s Tracy and Stacy up front. [emoji41]

To bad there are no credible whitnesses to your “fantasy flights” guess I’ll just have to seek confirmation from Linda...

Flew over to take a selfie of this guy. We got 52 yesterday and 133 Saturday. Last Sunday we lost count at around 200.
IMG_4963.JPG

bd3213052a236d3e122dc8a198ef69ef.png

Attachments

• IMG_4963.JPG
    IMG_4963.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 230
Old Thread.

New Post.

Wondering if this is the crew Mr. Eaton gets to hunt with.

View attachment 35058

Nope, that is Kat the Bounty Hunter and her partner Spot (as in hits her spot). The State of Texas asked them to 'assist' Uncle E to attend a short discussion at the Austin court house.:lol:

I think I need to come visit and try that, sounds like fun!

Back