• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Carbon Cub

Welcome Zack. There was someone who posted awhile ago and i beleive he said he had kit #1. I havent seen him post lately. Best of luck and i want a ride.

Only three 21 grand installments, then go get an engine(another 21+) and you have a cub. Then all you have to do is build it,wire it plumb it paint it. Don't forget to add another 20 grand for miscellaneous items.

Plastic fuel lines? Is that kosher? Interesting. Sure would make em a lot easier to fabricate.

MTV

mvivion said:
Plastic fuel lines? Is that kosher? Interesting. Sure would make em a lot easier to fabricate.

MTV

My thoughts exactly, but after thinking about it, if it's Pex, or like Pex, thats some tuff stuff, it's even hard to cut with a sharp knife, it would survive longer than aluminum tubing in the event of a crash. A fire might melt it, but if it were hot enough to melt it, it is already to late, so if it survived the initial trama, there would be no fire. Maybe

Glenn

what angle are the engine mounts at? are they dropped as well on the cc cub kits? Just curious.
Rhett

Guys,

I am currently working on the wing kit and hope to have it finished soon. The fuselage kit arrives in about a week so I don't have the answers about the fuselage kit yet.

Joe

I should clarify my previous engine mount question.
Is the angle on the engine mount changed from stock -4 degrees down angle, to the Thrustline of 0 degrees? I heard they also dropped the engine 3" on the CC. Just wondering if that is true? be interesting to know.
Thanks and good luck with your projects, they look like a delight to fly! I look forward to seeing some photos and hearing some reports.

Rhett

zackrv8 said:
Hi guys,

I'm building a Carbon Cub Kit from Cubcrafters. Anyone else tackling this very same kit?

http://www.cubcrafters.com/carboncub/default.aspx

Joe

Hi, I'm Gal Bar-or, and I'm the guy that's building CC Kit #2 (#1 is the factory's demo plane). If you want to talk/ask questions/whatever, feel free to
PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Good luck - I'd be thrilled to hear how you're doing on the kit...

BC-12 said:
I should clarify my previous engine mount question.
Is the angle on the engine mount changed from stock -4 degrees down angle, to the Thrustline of 0 degrees? I heard they also dropped the engine 3" on the CC. Just wondering if that is true? be interesting to know.
Thanks and good luck with your projects, they look like a delight to fly! I look forward to seeing some photos and hearing some reports.

Rhett

There are photos from every step of progress on my blog -

http://carboncub.blogspot.com

Gal Bar-or

Great airplane! I have a fair amount of time in the original. Some of the most takeoff and landing fun I've had in a Cub. Deck angle is unreal on climbout. Loved it!

I have yet see one but very impressive engineering. It can climb like a bat out of hell in the videos i've seen.

It's almost done!!

Weighed in at 954 pounds... will be working with the DAR to certify this week.

barorg,

Looks like a GREAT project, and congratulations on all your hard work paying off. Please post finished photos when you're done.

One question: Were you able to get this kit approved under the 51% rule? If so, that will be a nice piece of information to get out.

Thanks for the photos.

MTV

Pictures to go along with my previous post. Photo Credit - Jon Bliss

5254_1137917973043_1380204222_30478345_4502673_n.jpg

5254_1137917933042_1380204222_30478344_2975510_n.jpg

5254_1137918013044_1380204222_30478346_3222025_n.jpg

n1380204222_30313414_7917.jpg

Back