• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Review Grizzly Industrial 52” 3 in one sheet metal machine

mike mcs repair

chugiak AK
g0629.jpg

http://www.grizzly.com/products/g0629

My Review Grizzly Industrial 52” capacity 3 in one sheet metal machine: shear, finger press brake, slip rolls PN G0629 that I had for a month or two now. been rebuilding planes for ? 20 years about now....

great machine for the price, delivered in Alaska $1350. even less in the real world..

It is a cheep import machine with some issues I will describe below, but none I can't live with so far, as I assumed going in I would have some things to deal with.

I had to wait for second batch of these as they were sold out when I finally got money to order one.

Great if you are space cramped like me and do not have room for all 3 different dedicated machines.

I have always wanted a wide! 3 in one machine like this but never saw a model this wide being made, the 52” was wider than I had hoped for, and allows full sheet & angle cuts and rolling. And is a redesigned beefed up version...not just wider

Capacity is not as thick as dedicated machines, but..... also there are some bends you still will want to borrow a regular break for...

Issues:
1.the one roller was ground poorly like grinding wheel used had a chunk out of it, grizzly replaced it, no questions asked, free & free shipping, 3 minutes on phone :)

2.the fingers in press brake fall out.. someone ground the fingers to make them look nice and they are now too thin to be held securely .. have to put masking tape on them to hold in place.. will have to grind down holding bar to fix properly... just annoying...

3.they need to ship this with a BIG tube of locktite!! all the bolt fits are very loose and things keep loosening up... upper blade hits lower blade if things get loose... I must fix this, but it is easy...

4.one handle did not fit in grove for it... easy fix

5.the roller mounts/bushings are not to tight of a fit and can move, I am sure this will need attention before making any good rolled items ans it will mark items as it chatters, should be relatively easy to fix. Also need way to keep bushings lubed good

6.the shipping crate is DANGEROUS! Sits on a poor quality piece of 3/4” plywood (800 lbs!!!) supported only at ends 50 some inches apart!... and that wood self destructs in moving it, and it will roll off forks if that plywood ruptures, which is a very real possibility.. watch out!

7.Fingers look wimpy/thin.. but so far no issues.. personal observation

But I would recommend one for every garage don't think it would last in a big shop production environment without a few upgrades

but for the price it can't be beat! Love it!

Thanks! I was looking at one of those this fall, but was afraid the shipping to Alaska would be excessive. Friend of mine has the 30" version and likes it.

Phil

AntiCub said:
Thanks! I was looking at one of those this fall, but was afraid the shipping to Alaska would be excessive. Friend of mine has the 30" version and likes it.

Phil

was $396.00 shipping sat it in front of my shop door in Chugiak, not bad... when they ask if its a business or a residence the RIGHT$$ answer is business.. about $65 difference ........

Mike, I bought the smaller one from Harbor Freight several years ago. Like yours, mine had issues. The fingers on the press brake are way to sharp and I still haven't had the machined to a larger radius. The part that brings the blade and brake up and down could fit better but it still works well. The small rollers on the slip roll work very nice on tight radius boot cowls and baffles. I wish I had bought the larger unit even though I have an 8' shear, 6' brake and a large radius slip roll. It is handier than the larger tools in some ways and the press brake type function will do things a regular pan brake won't. Never have enough tools and equipment. :lol:

I have the 30 inch model also -- very handy but it is poorly made. I keep threatening to take it all apart and remake major pieces but now with the SC flying, I probably won't.
Darrel

tools

I have the 30" model and a 48" box brake and had good use for several
years now. I like the Grizzly tools , they are not the best made tool but
they work at a lower price. Some of the adjustments were a slotted hole
where you just tightened a bolt to hold in place. I welded nuts on the side
and ran a bolt through them to hold the addjustment in place. Wayne

although it has issues i am happy...

I had planned on having to take it apart and tune it when it got here, but nothing really needs it other than some locktite and doing something with the rollers... was quite surprised...

it will make 1/4" U channel and 3/8" piper channel easily.

The die is too sharp also on this one...

I played today with a 1" half pipe to do huge radius bends works ok.... want to make many different fingers and bottom dies for it...

so...... I had sent a copy of the review to grizzly, they looked me up and called the next day :) to discuss the issues,

very helpful, looking to see if they had issues to resolve with this new machine, seemed like good people

so I figured out some Teflon tape on the loose fitting bolts/holes helped a bunch so far, think I will do it to all I have issues with....

Back