• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wheel penetration skiis

Sooooo are the rod end on the RF 8001 problems fixed? Has any one operated both the RF 8001 and the Landes LH 3000's? Care to comment?

With all this ski talk no one has said anything on trick air skis , I was looking at a set as I now have a aviat husky and it seems trick air is the way to go , but inside brackets need to be welded on , Is any one flying trick air skis

Gerry

I have a set, of 2250 and i love them i flew some model on my plane ( strait and Flilite 3000 ) and you can bet i will not go back there,fairly lite at 42 lbs each and not too hard on the airspeed ( aprox 3 mph ) they install in 10 min no hose , there a couple of vid on youtube ,one little plus is you dont have to pump ( or wait to cycle )to go from pavement to snow just give throtle and go.

With all this ski talk no one has said anything on trick air skis , I was looking at a set as I now have a aviat husky and it seems trick air is the way to go , but inside brackets need to be welded on , Is any one flying trick air skis

Gerry

Just got a set - have not landed in snow yet - posted this picture in the thread"Cold Weather Operations" just a little bit ago.

Switched to 3" extended gear and I thought it would be a good time to add them. There is a fitting that welds to the gear leg. You need the skis to position the fitting so you have to pull the gear off of the plane to weld the fitting on

IMG_1166.jpgIMG_1167.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 199
Well the look good on you cub please let me know how they work in the deep snow , or wet snow Gerry

Trickair's

Well the look good on you cub please let me know how they work in the deep snow , or wet snow Gerry

Here is a set I put on four years ago and I am really happy with them although I have not any other's to compare them to (these are my first set). I have landed in 18-24 inches of powder and even some wet snow not too deep 12 inches or so and they do not build up on the ski's very much other than behind the wheel.. The only issue is the weight. I think they are 46 lbs each mine are 2250's. In my opinion they seem to be on the heavy side, but look like they can take some abuse if you got yourself in a bad situation.
Dave R 2013 cell phone photos 041.jpg

Attachments

• 2013 cell phone photos 041.jpg
    2013 cell phone photos 041.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 182
These are Datum (experimental only) wheel skis on a gravel bar. I did it one time, before we got some snow, no harm done but I don't plan on making it an everyday occurrence! More of a see what they could do thing.

hey Jim, I have a set pf aero r2800s for my Scub. Iam missing the bracket on both skis that attaches to the outside of axel.Know anybody who does, other than buying new? thks Cliffy

I have some parts left kicking around from my R2800 days, let me go to hangar tomorrow. Pretty sure cub uses different axle mount than scout. Might want to give a shout to FMD, he just put a set on MD. Where you been holed up?

jim

Maybe I have the wrong Cliff. Do you fly a yellow cub under bridges with Hungarian strippers in the back on your way to sell stocks and try manage other peoples retirement funds? Either way I will look at my box of Aero parts

Jim

I had a set of cub gear for the R2800 but I must have sold them. Not in my stuff sorry. Aero should be able to help

jim

Back