• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

France/ Spain/ Italy

Jerry Gaston

Bozeman, Montana
I'm scheduled to be in these three countries during the month of June and was wondering if any cub pilots are up for some hanger flying or a quick trip around the patch.

Jerry Gaston said:
I'm scheduled to be in these three countries during the month of June and was wondering if any cub pilots are up for some hanger flying or a quick trip around the patch.

Jerry, I take it you are that new State Departments emissary I heard about on NPR... you know the one in charge of delivering warm fuzzy feelings in advance of the next administration?

Kirby :lol:

Europe trip

Be sure to take SPOT with you Jerry and let us know how it works over there.

Jerry,
You're going to miss out on the king salmon fishing.

However, with you that far away, maybe we'll have some decent weather. Anything would be better flying weather than all last summer. You going to come up and go to your cabin after the Europe trip?

Jim

Rob I was really impressed with the spot, I'll take it and have your e-mail on the program if you'll promise to send money if I need help.

Italy

.........working in this time in the Pisa Area /Tuscany, unfortunately without any plane available here but if you come around here let me know, Restaurants and wine are very famous in this region.

Gottfried Thanks for the response. We are planning on being in the Tuscany mid June so I'll e-mail you before. Thanks always looking for that special recommendation on eating.

Jerry I know there is an aero club at Lake Como Italy.Seems like a group really into float flying.

Bill

Tuscany

Don't wait for the money, but I sure would like to have an excuse to go back to Tuscany. I was in Florence and Rome and a lot of places in between this past Jan. Wx was terrific and never had a bad meal, even in the smallest hill towns. On the other hand Tuscan bread dipped in olive oil and a glass of wine is enough to make me happy. Only thing I missed was my Cub.

Jerry,

I am hangar based at Aprilia, 40 km south of Rome.

My friend has 3 SuperCubs used for banner towing but we can always steal one for some fun.

Let me know your dates and we can organize something.

Ciao,
Riccardo

Italy

Take Riccardo up on his offer Jerry. We almost got to do some flying when I was in Italy, but fog and haze got the better of us on one of the few days we both had some free time.

What a great web site. Yes I will take Riccardo up on his offer. Hopefully I can respond in kind with some flying here provided he can find Montana.

Back