• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hendrick-Sullivan 4-Place Supercub

I’m not sure how this compares, but I weighed my 2+2/PA14 frame. I have left and right doors, X brace up top, reinforced tail, all door sheet metal, stringer supports, birdcage etc finished. No tail feathers or rudder. The only thing left is to weld on is some tabs for interior panels and pulley mounts. Using two bath scales, the weight with about 4 feet of 2x4 supports up front and a caster wheel at the back is 125 lbs. The interior width of the 2+2 is 39” up front, and about 35" at the front of the "D" side windows. I will be using stock 18 gear and tail feathers with stock jack screw trim and flaps. Any idea how this compares to the four-place SC?

Marty57

Gunny,
I know you've been chewing on a project like this for a long time. At one point you were considering a stretched PA22/20 along the lines of a Producer/Bushmaster. I think your double barrel -18 is a cool set up. What made you decide on it over the stretched 22/20?

Looking forward to watching this project.

Hey Guys,

Sorry to be so long getting back - busy summer and unexpected projects. The 4 - place project is in YKM with some of the work on the fuselage done. It is on hold at the moment for funding. Not eligible for stimulus money and wouldn't take it if offered. I'm just gonna have to work harder and make more, work hard make more, work harder make more.....

I will post some pics of the progress so far in a few days.

Looks like an absolutely dandy project, Gunny. Looking forwards to seeing it... :cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Just keep on humping, nothing good ever comes easy....

Here is a pic of one of the originals.
img042Hendrix2.jpg

I know the guy who is flying that cub for a guide out here. It is way cool. Its got 35" bushwheels now. With two of us and a little gas we were off in barely over 100ft. It sure hauls a load too! It is like a cavern in the back. Its quite amazing performance with a load.

Hmmmmm Why not just buy a MAULE...... :lol: :lol:

(That auta stir the pot again..after all it has been a while)

Sorry Gunny, had to do it.

I had a feelin you'd bite Cary..

Naw we keep to those long 800' strips up here at elevation. to heck with those sea level ops those are dangerous.... :lol: :crazyeyes:

4-place

Does a factory built Maule (with current factory support) bring the same joy as a heavily modified Cub that is essentially a one of a kind? Plus with a Maule, you have the inconvenience of two pilot doors and a large baggage door. And why would you want the option of up to 260 hp and cross country speeds?

Go to Maule.org and spout your nonsense there, this is a SuperCub site.

Next thing you know, somebody will start arguing that a Bonanza is a good airplane.

Actually, I worked for a guy that used a V-tail Bonanza for bush work, he also made his own home-made NDBs that he gave to friends in the village to turn on and off. Black -35, don't know the series of Bonanza I want to say "S" or later.

There you go. Bonanzas do make good bush planes.

There is a Bonanza on the ramp at Fairbanks. Guy says it is the best bush plane ever. He can get anywhere in AK fast and pay some poor cub driver to wreck his plane to get him into the prime hunting and fishing spots. :lol:

Back