Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thrust Line

Post Thanks / Like

Thrust Line

I am starting an exp cub project using some Pa22 parts and a Spraker fuselege. I am confused on the thrust-line issue (and many others). Is the thrust-line on a factory supercub 4 degrees downward? On the newly approved STC is the thrust line adjusted to zero? If I build a engine mount that is parallel (firewall side of mount parallel with engine side) will this be a zero thrust line and a desireable goal.

Thanks
    Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like

Thrustline

I have answered my question. I have acquired a drawing CD which shows the 4 degrees downward tilt. Does anyone have an opinion on whether a swing out mount is necessary. Is this feature used a lot in maintenance or rarely enough to get by without it on an experimental.

Thanks
    Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Love my swing out mount I feel it's worth the effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, i was wondering what angle of incidence your wings are mounted to your spraker airframe? doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug
    The fuselege is being made for Dec pick-up. I am planning on using Alaska airframes fittings and installing same as a standard supercub. Any advise on this subject is welcomed.

Thanks
    Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doug, I built my "Crimson Cub" using a Spraker fuselage and Airframes fittings. I am by far not an expert, but if I can help you in any way feel free to contact me. 706-695-1435, 706-280-9550 I am not too far from your location, just a bit southeast of Chattanooga, Tn.
    Charles Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,
    Don't let Charles fool you by his humbleness. If he offers his phone number, call it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles
    I will certainly take you up on that offer. I saw your plane on Mr Spraker's website. I live in Tullahoma, Tn and can easily fly my Colt down to your location sometime also. I will be giving you a call soon. For reference here is my contact info : Jim Miller (931)455-8662 jimmiller2@cafes.net

Thanks
    Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim I made the swing out mount but have not used it yet. Come up and see my cub anytime if you like. Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

thrust line

You will have your work cut out for you if you are going to make yours look and fly as good as Charles' !
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Thrustline

Ken
    I will definitely take up up on that. I am always looking for a reason to fly my Colt. I go to Madison, Indiana frequently to visit relatives and will stop
    by.

Thanks
    Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    I just measured up my experimental and from what I can tell, using a digital level, I have a neutral thrustline. I measured the bottom longeron,the one between the gear attachment points, and then measured the angle difference between the motor mount lugs. I got a reading of 89.5 degrees positive, or a half degree up. What does this mean? No thrustline mods required?