• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA22 V6 STOL Javelin Bushmaster

storm

I´bought a extended PA 22, 200 hp Lyc engine on wheels and wonder if someone have such a star on floats and what they have evaluated?! Any experience about the Full Lotus? My plane has a max take off weight of 1000 kg.

/storm

The Javelin V6 STOL with a Lyc - - - that's not a V6. I'm building such a project but not using Blanton's ford 3.8. I chose the chevy 4.3 v6 with the belted air power reduction drive. This package is much lighter than Blanton's by more than 60lbs. The dyno program says I have 196hp at 2450 at the prop. Using Catto 3 blade. No need for floats in Missouri though. How's your project coming along. My anxiety is building faster than my project.

Jim

If its anything like the Producer, it should work well on floats. I have operated mine and one other Experimental Producer on the 2200 Clamars. Generally the certified Producers work well on EDO 2000's. Steve

Back in the late 90's when the V-6 Stol had an active newsletter, there was a Canadian (Mike Hirshfield or something like that I think) that got quite a bit of press with this V6 STOL on floats. He had quite impressive performance but I think he also had a NOS (nitrous oxide) system on his bird too. I don't know if he still has the plane or not.

Yep, Mike is still flying his creation.
He comes to the BC Floatplane flyin @ Nimpo Lake every year, here he is last year...

Picture_035.jpg

Steve
What type of rigging do you use on the producer with the EDO 2000 I would think that the tail being farther back that a CG shift takes place more in the direction of the PA-14 than the pacer
Levi Wood

Consensus around here is 2250 floats ideal for Bushmaster/Producer. They're built by Eddy Peck here in Nova Nova Scotia. I consider them as good or better as any on the market.

Levi,
I use standard PA-22 float rigging for the Edo 2000's on the Producers. As far as the experimental variations, I would move the float CG ahead a couple of inches when I build the rigging. It also depends on the A/C CG once it is completed. I am not familiar with Eddy Pecks 2250's but those floats should work well. I did put a set of 2200 Clamars on one and they worked well. Weight of the installed floats is a large factor also. - Steve

I am looking for a set of floats that will fit on my streched Pacer "certified". I found a guy selling some of the hardware. My problem is I don't recognize it. The owner says its the fittings. Can anyone help.
Levi

Attachments

• DSC04010.jpg
    DSC04010.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 165
Google Eddy Peck in Nova Scotia. He makes great 2250 floats which are on my stretched PA22 180hp Bushmaster. He'll have what you need, floats, gear, fittings, advice.

I am looking for a set of floats that will fit on my streched Pacer "certified". I found a guy selling some of the hardware. My problem is I don't recognize it. The owner says its the fittings. Can anyone help.
Levi

The two pieces with the angled sections are bolt on aft fuselage fittings commonly used on cubs with EDO products. The fit over the fabric, the u-bolts go around the longeron at the cluster behind the aft gear fitting and get bolted onto the fitting.

The two u shaped pieces are the forward attach fittings for EDO's that go onto the cub at the front gear fitting. The forward pieces of the N struts bolt into the holes.

They do appear to be the fuselage attach fittings for EDO 89-2000's used on a PA-20 or a PA-22 with a conventional gear conversion. - Steve

Just joined this group. Can I obtain the plans to construct the Javelin V6? If so, who do I contact to obtain a set?

I understand that the "V6 STOL consists of plans to power an existing certified Piper PA-20 Pacer airframe with a Ford V6 engine and moving it from the Certified category to the Experimental Amateur-built category". Is this correct?

Jer

Welcome Jer
I do not know about buying the Plans ?, But the FAA has changed and it will now be very hard to build/convert a PA20/22into the V6 STOL and get it in to the Experimental Amateur-built category.
Doug

Back