• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

carbon cub

sorry for the follow-up question, but that means that it is 90 inches pitched at 32 and weighs 43lbs?

What RPM is it making static? ...........and at T.O. rotation?

How would a long-ish 2-blade constant speed do on it?

Thanks for your candid answers Doug!

DAVE

Dave,

Its hard to tell what the static RPM is. I can't hold it very well with the brakes, I need to get some guys to hold the tail down. I think the static RPM is around 2500 RPM. I have a mechanical tach and have not tested it for accuracy yet. Rotation happens so fast that I am too preoccupied to check out the tach, I will make a point to do so next time I fly it. At steep climb out it turns 2700 RPM. I only have 60 hours on the thing and still getting used to it. I can say that I am always behind it on takeoff. The takeoff happens so fast that its hard to figure out the best technique, its always ready to fly before I am.

Doug

Carbon Cub

Hi Case,

Great looking airplane. I stopped by and met with Jim Richerdson at CubCrafters. He is going to bring a few of his planes to our Flyin that we have every year at Cascade airpark 3 miles east of Harvey Field.
We are hoping that you bring the Carbon Cub, that would be a great addition to alot of nice cubs that will show up.

NorthWest SuperCub Flyin will be June 30th - July 1.st we will post all the events next week on SuperCub.org.

Bill

Yep....The million dollar question....What's the price? Inquiring minds want to know!!

i figured it out climb in your cub click your heels 3 times and your cub will turn in to a carbon cub i did it then i realized it was a dream "damn" :drinking: marc

Give Cub Crafters a call, they might be able to give you a price if they decide to produce experimental kits, LSA or certified Carbon Cubs.

As far as my Carbon Cub, I guess everything is for sale for a price. What would be a fair price for Carbon Cub? I have heard people throw around the $250k number, at that price I might sell. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Tim,

I own the Carbon Cub (N9696C), I am listed as the builder. Cub Crafters supplied a lot of the parts.

You will need to talk to Cub Crafters about the possibility of additional Carbon Cubs in the future. I honestly don't know what their marketing plans are for it if any.

Doug

Tim,

Jim Richmond and his company played a huge part in it and it would not have happened if it was not for him.

Doug

ksecub,

Thank you for that info. I'm sure that clears up a lot of questions from most people.

Back