• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Finally got the pilot cabin about done. Pics

Looks terrific, Alex . . . good job!

I expect this isn't your first attempt at building things . . . just a guess!

Cheers;
Mike

Its all Alaskan Homestead Carpentry... Trim covering trim...

Growing up, my pa and anyone else who was older, made sure I knew how to swing a hammer. It kept me out of trouble...and was a good way to get free beer...

I put a few photos on my album. I still can't figure out how to attach them to post...

xx

Yeah, I was looking at 'em - you really did a good job on that place - sheesh! I really like things like that - a small place, easy to heat, has everything you'd want. Just right. Take a well-deserved bow!

:cheers

The place really looks nice Alex. What size it it?
Do you have any pictures of the bathroom?
How far is it away from your house?

Ki

I'm impressed! It really looks beautiful. Is the plan to use the cabin to facilitate your float training business?

Very nice...

Very nice. You did a great job, but I wonder how its heated? I didn't see a wood stove... or fireplace...

Mike

Heat:
I was afraid of somebody setting it and the woods on fire...
So I have a 6 foot long electric base-board heater in there. I am still trying to get a tiny Rinaii vented propane heater for the dead of winter. I made a space for it and have the power outlet installed.

Size:
The came out to 11 x 23. The building is rough cut beetle killed spruce. The floor is made up of 3x6s on 16 inch centers. Then one inch thick spruce planks over that. Then 3/4 plywood over that.... then the vinyl flooring which looks like wood. The walls are a true 2x6 frame with overlapping spruce planks. I foamed and fiberglassed each bay. They are 16 inch centers too.

Bathroom:
I have a full size (36 inch wide) one piece fiberglass shower stall. Plus a sink and a low profile toilet. I installed the water heater above the bathroom. You can see the entrance hatch behind the Winchester sign above the bathroom door. I figured the pipes would stay warmer up there.

I will try to get bathroom photos up. I can't figure out how to get my camera to take photos in confined areas.

PS: I have the phone and CAT 5 computer line installed on the cabin end. I still have to get my buddy over to help me install them on the house end. I hate crawling under that part of my house. One spot only has 12 inches of clearence.... yuck...

Alex,

Where is the online schedule to book this place? 8)

VERY NICE!

sj

Back