• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hal Terry's book "How to Fly the Wild and Survive"

mvivion

SPONSOR
Bozeman,MT
Folks,

Hal and Bonnie Terry have got a newly printed batch of Hal's book on back country flying technique from the printers.

Hal can be reached at PO Box 316, Rudyard, MT 59540. I think the price is around $25, but don't quote me.

The book is a good discussion of backcountry techniques and thoughts on flying in the wilderness.

Hal is a retired Naval Aviator, and flew for several years for air taxi outfits, lodges, and the Department of Fish and Game in Alaska.

His book contains a lot of good information--get a copy while they last.

And, no-I don't get a cut.

Hal is the guy who gave me a Super Cub checkout, though.

Poor guy still hasn't forgiven me.

MTV

Folks,

Hal and Bonnie Terry have got a newly printed batch of Hal's book on back country flying technique from the printers.

Hal can be reached at PO Box 316, Rudyard, MT 59540. I think the price is around $25, but don't quote me.

The book is a good discussion of backcountry techniques and thoughts on flying in the wilderness.

Hal is a retired Naval Aviator, and flew for several years for air taxi outfits, lodges, and the Department of Fish and Game in Alaska.

His book contains a lot of good information--get a copy while they last.

And, no-I don't get a cut.

Hal is the guy who gave me a Super Cub checkout, though.

Poor guy still hasn't forgiven me.

MTV
Mike, I thought I would update this...Hal's book is available on Amazon.com.

Actually, I think this post is what directed me to purchase the book (I bought several as gifts) in the first place. Thanks for the post, MTV!

Randy

John, I just looked and agree that it is no longer available...it was when I posted on this thread.

I will look into this and get back to you all. It is worth pursuing.

Randy

I tried for a couple of years to buy this book. Same as NunavutPA-12, I couldn't get it shipped to New Zealand. I even contacted the Terrys.

In the end I got a friend to buy it in the US and mail it to me. It is a good book.

Hamish

I just now ordered a copy from Amazon, so they are still available.

Anne.

Back