• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA 12 fuel tank RH needed- air energy services ?

185 Bushbird

Surfside SPB-Minneapolis, MN
i need a right hand fuel tank, anyone know if air energy is still making new tanks. i have a # of 309-594-2280 but recording says # is disconected. wag-aero tanks are back ordered and i don't want atlee 30 gallon tanks for a rental seaplane. any other ideas or good tanks for sale? 612-868-4243

Ross Carbiner noted in the above post now ownes the Air Energy STC's. He is approved for the J3 wing tank and is currently in the process of getting the J5 / PA12 tanks certified.

John Scott

pa12 tanks

i talked with Ross today, found his # 309-738-9351 and web site www.cubtanks.com. he is moving to a new building and won't be able to make 12 tanks till march at the earliest. i would like to put his tanks in over the wag aero's but need to get the 12 flying for tailwheel and ski training here in MN. i'll see if i can get mine fixed till then. what type metal are these and what kind of solder is best to use on these old tanks? also my tanks have the husky style sight fuel hoses. Dave and Skysigns, what do you want for yours if i can't get mine fixed ? it looks like us 12 owners will have a good quality tank available to us soon.

Any of these old tanks will eventually be leakers.

Galvanized sheet metal with soldered seams just cannot stay together forever.

Every a/c with them that I've dealt with had leak problems from time to time.

Brian, I have a set of tanks, but was contacted tonight about somone else purchasing them, or one of them.

It's not a done-deal yet, I'll let you know. This guy is local. I'm sure shipping to you would be a negative.

I'll keep you posted.

Skysigns....what do you mean by "... set up for 28 site gauges..." ? sorry, I can't figure that out tonight......too much salad for dinner! :oops:

If you're in AK I have four or five of those tanks I'd just about give them away. They are SSteel and frequently leak and repaired with silver solder and should be replaced asap. I wore the hardware off my 12 taking them in and out to fix. I have a set of wag aero tanks that are light and well constructed. Some say quality is lacking. Have you looked at Dakota Cub? They have 24 gallon alumimum that are a good compromise but a bit of work to install.

pa12 tanks

Munro- the wag tanks are back ordered and i don't want to go through alot of modifications by putting in dakota tanks. what all is involved in putting the dakota in, i have husky style sight gauges on mine.

You might want to check Dakotas web page. I think they explain it fairly extensively. You have to remove a rib and compression member etc. It is similar to what is required for the atlee tanks. Unlike the atlee there is a tank cover lid. They are my prefered method of long range tanks. Available now anyway.

If you're in AK I have four or five of those tanks I'd just about give them away

The value of my tanks just dropped to "...just about..." nuthin'.

Munro, how am I supposed to make a deal when you go and flood the market with a bunch more of the crap that I'm trying to peddle? :)

What kind of approval did you use for the Wag aluminum tanks?

Sorry, I've been trying to off load these tanks for a while.

I am putting these tanks into a 14 and haven't come to the nitty gritty of approval yet. I believe they are stc'd for the 12's from wag??? I am planning on running them through someone like atlee and they do a pressure test and that presented to the feds is good enough for a field approval.......

pa12 tanks

i called John, he already sold the air energy tanks to a guy in California. i got mine repaired, but do want air energy tanks if anyone else has any. i'll probably have to wait till march or april for a new set.

13 years later here I am looking for a copy of Air Energy's STC SA00805CH so I can square away an old log entry.

13 years later here I am looking for a copy of Air Energy's STC SA00805CH so I can square away an old log entry.
Did you look here? www.faa.gov? under stc type STC SA00805CH
This is what I found:
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgstc.nsf/0/74023381257122cf862582b9005184f9/$FILE/SA00805CH.pdf
and
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgstc.nsf/0/74023381257122cf862582b9005184f9/$FILE/AML%20for%20STC%20SA00805CH.pdf

Thanks Skywagon8A. Don't know what I was doing wrong yesterday but SA00805CH yielded nothing for me on the FAA STC site.

Back