• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ski bottom runners

UHMV vs metal skegs. Last Wednesday a fiend of mine got stuck with his metal skegs, and had to be towed to the snow at the approach end of 19 at birchwood. 3 days later and much warmer weather, I had no problem taxiing across the entire end with just a little power and just a little moisture on the asphalt. When I blocked it up, I inspected the runners and there was not even a scratch on them. Plastic all the way. And with 2 inches bent and hanging over the edges, my landes 2000's turn great. I would not over hang the backs, cause when the eventually bends, the plane is more apt to slide backwards.

Terry

It's been quite a few years since your post about the wheel skis. What has further experience shown? Please comment on the rocker and convex shape. What is the length and width? Thanks.

The question above was directed to Mvivian, regarding the Swiss wheel skis. Thanks.

The question above was directed to Mvivian, regarding the Swiss wheel skis. Thanks.

Your best bet is to contact the owner/developer of the Rosti skis directly. His name is Thomas Dietrich, and he can be reached at: SNOWBIRDXX@aol.com. And he is German, not Swiss, unless he's escaped the immigrants.....

MTV

never use Klister...paraffin is good for warm snow, and there are a number of good ski/snowboard waxes out there. you will play he.. getting the klister off, and new snow sticks like crazy to it

Back