• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How does this propeller rate?

CptKelly

GONE WEST
NC
I have a Sensenich metal 76 EM8-0-56 prop for my XP-360 powered Smith Kit.
Does this prop pitch rate as a climb, normal, or cruise prop? I am curious.

Mike

Right now...

The Aeromatic? Right now its on hold until testing can be completed using the 0-320 and 0-360 engines. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one on my Cub, but if the larger 4 cylinder engines cause lag bolt failures, I'll pass. For you guys with the 90hp Cubs, it would make a wonderful change in your performance. I'll wait until Tarver does his testing.
Until then, I'll use what I have, and that is a Sensenich 76-EM 56 pitch.
Back to my original question, is this prop a cruise, climb, or normal?

Mike

Prop not yet installed..

Ah, my point exactly. The 76x56 Sensenich is not yet installed. My current prop is a 80x48 wood sensenich, and my engine is clearly over propped as it will only pull 2200 static, and 2500+ a little full throttle at 2500 feet. I was trying to figure out if I should have it pitched BEFORE I install it.
Again, if anyone out there has any experience with this prop, let me know what to expect.

Mike

According to my Univair catalog, the Sensenich 76EM8-0-54 is the "standard" prop for the PA-18-180. Climb prop is listed as 52 pitch, cruise prop is listed as 57 pitch.

Rooster

Back