• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2+2 fuselage pictures

Dan2+2

Paducah, KY
I posted some shots of my 2+2 to my album "dan2+2" if you care to look. Please comment on the elevator control system. One mod I believe I will do is to add bushings on both sides of the front pulley mount so the thru bolt is bearing on more surface. And replace the rope with steel cable so you don't have to point that out since I figured somebody would not be able to resist it. Also do not worry about hurting my feelings if you see something that will affect the safety aspect of my plane please point it out as I can correct it now more easily than after the cover is on.

Thanks for posting those pics. of your 2+2 fuselage Dan, I like those dangerous experimental types.Kevin

Thanks for the pictures. I am just starting the welding of my 2+2 fuselage. First longerons are in the jig with a few cross tubes cut and set in place. Any words of wisdom as I get into this?

Marty

I guess the main thing is stay with it. Progress seems slow at times but then you look around and waalaa there is alot done. I tend to break it down into projects. Build a rudder then celebrate build the elevators then celebrate. The guys at wag aero have been real helpful at times too. Give them a call if you have a question. Post some pictures here if you can.

Dan,
Nice pictures of the fus...I will take it...trade you for a couple days fishing here in the Copper Basin...set you up in my cabin...might even get chased by a bear... at no extra charge...good work...did you tig or mig it?

A couple of days a month during hunting season every year till i'm too old to crawl up the cabin steps? That is pretty tempting. You come to KY and pick it up? I have a Lincoln 175 pro tig welder which is what I used. I do have a mig and will occasionally use it to tack something before I tig it. But the tig doesn't weld over the mig weld as well as bare metal so only occasionally.

Dan,
Looking great! Can't wait till my fuselage is finish welded and I can sit inside and make plane noises.

Keep up the great work! Keep the photos coming on the wing too!

Back