• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

FINLEYVILLE FLY-IN and SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Hi All; opened the mail tonight and I have a newsletter from the Sentimental Journey 2006. It just so happens that the front page picture is the Crimson Cub , Scubber and group. Let it be known that at a J3 fly in the premier picture is of 6 Super Cub Tailfeathers. This years SJ dates are 21-24 June 2006. John Waltrowski and our fantastic hosts at Finleyville are trying to have a large Super Cub Contingent at Finleyville prior to the SJ. I am hoping to have fly outs from there over to other locations such as Luray Caverns in Va. I also want to see if we can have an entire row of Super Cubs at SJ and need confirmation ahead of time with deposits to arrange and reserve such. It is early enough to put this thing together as the east coast Super Cub Fly-In. If you are interested please let myself or Jeff Russell know. Thanks John

Darn right we're gonna have a good time.

Daisy, have you called Captain Mohammed Mohammed back yet?

No poor old Mo is out with the Bahrain Air Force flying the C172 jet around the Persian Gulf....... J

SJ

OK, OK, OK....
Although I do not have a SC, could just a plane old j-3 come along? I'll try to keep up with you faster guys. Looking forward to going. Anyone planning on Sun and Fun next year? JR, hows the business coming along?

Joe

Joe... We have seen your J3 and of course the fact that you are passing the passion on to your son you are always welcome at any SC function I am a part of. The last Finleyville Fly-In included a few J3's all as pristine as yours!!!!! John

Joe, your Super Three kicks butt. I bet I'll have a hard time keeping up with you in cruise in the 11.

So far so good on the master plan for world domination. Launch date is October 27th.

If I'm lucky I might stop by in Finleyville or Lockhaven one of those days on my way up to Alaska.....

If not lucky I'll be there for sure, depending on weather.

Going to visit all those places that Ernie Aufencamp, Mark Englerth, Jay B and others convinced me I need to see off the beaten path.... everything from Dahl Creek to Dutch Harbor!

Hey Guys, I wouldn't miss it unless My plans to go to Alaska this summer interfere. (Silver salmon run on the Deshka river dates dictate.) Last year SJ Was a blast!!! Much better than yaers before without the commaradere of SC.org brotherhood. John and the great folks at Finleyville Pa. are the most gracious of hosts. The Finleyville event would be an awesome SC.org pre SJ event. Margie as ground support may be able to bring BIG tent and pavillion. Nice to think about this and get input well in advance. Rick

Ps John Meade, Rick Sanson's SC is a great plane. I'm sure you will like it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok guys, I'm excited about this. I'd like to hear suggestions and ideas. Last year we had a good time and I met some of you. Would like to meet more of you. Check out the pics of the party on my website.

cubsunlimited.com

John

P6220021.JPG

What, no "scenic excursions"?

I think we spent all of our time trying to catch up with you!

You see, I'll go anywhere for a good party. And that was a good party.

Sounds like Tim still hasn't recovered from the "high speed" gaggle and the "short cut". Hope to see everyone again next year. Larry C.

Buckeye Tim, I always speak well of you. I know which hand I eat with. The other is my left hand.

Tim

Once again you leave Vermont on the way to Lockhaven and Finleyville is on the way!!!!!!!!! It must be the new math cause I can not figure the navigation. Wait If a man lives on Nantucket and he want's a Budweiser maybe Finleyville is on the way to St. Louis. Tim another thing I found out about Finleyville this summer is if you are watching the Carbs and you order a salad they put Fries in the salad. I have no idea why there are fries in a salad!!!! I think Finleyville may be the center of the universe. I want to do fly outs at Finleyville similar to New Holstein. I remember Buckeye Tim talking about a friend with a strip on a river maybe we could go crash for a night or two??? can you help with that Behind Propellers. John

Flying Miss Daisy said:
I remember Buckeye Tim talking about a friend with a strip on a river maybe we could go crash for a night or two??? can you help with that Behind Propellers. John

Working on it :D

Back