• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18 Drawings Online

Bugs66

Spokane WA
Hey Gang,
I put together an online PA-18 drawings viewer. I thought this would be a great and FREE resource for builders and restorers. When reading the drawings I was often frustrated to go find a drawing number on the Northland CD. Also I wanted a better search ability. You still need the Northland CD to get their updated (and excellent) "NL" drawings, but at least you can view all the stock drawings easier now.

Let me know what you think:
http://www.supercubproject.com/drawings/

Works best with Internet Explorer. It works with Firefox but has some minor strange behavior (flicker). I recommend high speed internet users only. Dial-up will be painful. Also, I have a CD-ROM version that works the same.

That is really excellent, a very nice resource!

Is there a way (in IE with just the free version of Quicktime) to zoom in on a portion of a drawing?

Thanks,
-->Aaron

If you "Open" the files instead of Preview they should load in the Microsoft Image viewer by default. With that tool, you can zoom in/out all you want.

I am not sure how mean with Quicktime. You mean load the fullsize drawing inside of the web page instead of outside? It is probably possible. Not sure when I'll get around to it. But I'll check it out.

I was referring to "Open", but the problem is Quicktime. When you install it, it installs by default to open all TIF files. The problem is that the Quicktime image viewer lacks even a basic zoom feature. Once I reconfigured to use the Office image viewer, problem solved.

Thanks again!
-->Aaron

The Short Wing Piper Club just came out with a new drawing CD that is supposed to be for the Vagabond but really covers proprietory drawings for J-2s up through PA18. I have only played with it for an hour or so but found drawings that can be used to make drag struts. drag/anti-drag wires, spec on all the felt parts like fuel tank straps. There is a ton of more stuff but haven't had a chance to sit down and look at it. This CD compliments their first which has things that cover all rag wing Pipers like landing light install, wing tip bow, aileron drawings etc. The new CD was made from a bunch of drawings that an old man had stashed away for years. It is interesting stuff.

I'll have to find out why Firefox is acting weird.

Steve, sounds good - except is it available ONLINE? :D

$35 for SWPC members. Not sure how much to the rest of the world. Their site is all screwed up. The previous administration took the cheap way out.

Hi friends
How did you get along when obtaining the info=drawings for extending grossweight to 2000lb!?
gorwin
Cub restoring in old Sweden Europe

Steve Pierce said:
$35 for SWPC members. Not sure how much to the rest of the world. Their site is all screwed up. The previous administration took the cheap way out.

They used to list them on the front page at $x for members and $x plus $35 or something for non members. I was going to join then get them , but now I go to the site and can't even find them. Where are they located???

I'll get you the phone number. They opted to go the cheap route on their website instead of going with Steve's expertise. :evil:

Steve Pierce said:
They opted to go the cheap route on their website instead of going with Steve's expertise. :evil:

Thankfully they did. Not sure I needed a fourth job now that I think about it...

sj

Short Wing Piper Store 303-838-2928 or swpcstore@wispertel.net

The Standard Blueprint CD is $55 members or $85 non. It has a lot of the drawings for the Short wings plus Cub/SC ailerons and other associated parts.

The Vagabond CD is $35 members (not sure for non) and has many parts drawings for J3,4,5 PA11 on up. Everything from bushings, felt parts to wing parts.

Back