• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

D & E wings

LloydFrye

Baton Rouge Louisiana
Ernie sold D & E to Harvey Patrick. The business is run by Steve Cooner in Lake Worth Florida. (1) Anybody know Ernie's last name and how to get in touch with him? (2) Anybody know Harvey or Steve and how they run their business? You can PM if you want to remain anon.

Thanks

Lloyd - I believe the man's name is Ernie Heald and the last phone number I had for him was Bellevue, Washington - which is where he had the business before he sold it - that contact information is below. I checked the local phone directory and it at least appears that he is still at that number. Hope this helps.

Ernest Heald
2803 126th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA 98005-4231
Ph:: 425-746-3920

Is anybody building a kit from this man or know the quality or anything about the wings,etc.

FORTYSIX12 said:
Is anybody building a kit from this man or know the quality or anything about the wings,etc.

There are several of us. See my website.

Fortysix12, you are not new here, Bugs 66 and Dan 2+2 are building these wings. Both guys are good communicators.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I am somewhat familiar with the wings but didn't realize that you all bought a complete airplane kit from this person. I am not familiar his complete supercub kit.

FORTYSIX12 said:
Sorry I wasn't more clear, I am somewhat familiar with the wings but didn't realize that you all bought a complete airplane kit from this person. I am not familiar his complete supercub kit.

I believe Ernie quit selling complete kits a long time ago. He had the Kodiak, kind of a Bushmaster like plane. At least that is what his web site said. I never asked him much about it. His primary business for the past several years was wing kits. Give him a call, I am sure he can answer your questions. Let us know how he is doing too! His health hasn't been so great.

complete kits

It sounds like you don't know that Ernie sold his company to an outfit in Florida. About two months ago, I contacted the new owners about prices of their "complete" kits (SC knockoffs, regular and WB). The kits were not available. I got the feeling that they were probably reselling someone else's, but don't know for sure. The company was in an area hard hit by the recent hurricanes and were closed down for a while. I don't know how much damage they actually suffered, but their communications were wiped out.

The two times I called the company, I never reached anyone who sounded knowledgeable about the products. I have spoken with Ernie. He is a pleasure to talk to.

Here's a link to the website of the company that bought Ernie's operation.

http://www.de-aircraft.com/index.html

If I was thinking about a kit - I would certainly have to consider the Dakota kit with the wide body fuselage and slotted wings. Complete kit (sans engine, panel and fabric) of all certified parts (higher resale value if you had to part it out God forbid one day). Just a thought.

Back