• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

alt. problems

jr.hammack

north of willow ak.
howdy all,
off on another ferry trip to ak.,alternator crapped out today,then came back on line just before i got to greatfalls.question is it is a crosswind's
35 amp(charlie center stc.)and all three leads show 12.5 volts is this normal?
everything check's normal now,that's what make's me un-easy with entering canada tomarrow.

thank's

jr.

jr.hammack said:
howdy all,
off on another ferry trip to ak.,alternator crapped out today,then came back on line just before i got to greatfalls.question is it is a crosswind's
everything check's normal now,that's what make's me un-easy with entering canada tomarrow.

thank's

jr.

T.J. Hinkle said:
Hu?
Rephrase the question please.

He say hi. He says he is riding on another ferry and he can't find the crapper. There is some type of big water fall up ahead. But he has confidence that the crosswinds will help them to stear around as an alternate. He is with a guy named Charlie and they are all amped up about it. They want three leaders to help them sneak into Canada tomorrow. Otherwise they will be be uneasy and won't know what's normally expected. He is appreciative. He is small.

I think he's looking for a pen pal.

Erik said:
jr.hammack said:
howdy all,

thank's

jr.

T.J. Hinkle said:
Hu?
Rephrase the question please.

He say hi. He says he is riding on another ferry and he can't find the crapper. There is some type of big water fall up ahead. But he has confidence that the crosswinds will help them to stear around as an alternate. He is with a guy named Charlie and they are all amped up about it. They want three leaders to help them sneak into Canada tomorrow. Otherwise they will be be uneasy and won't know what's normally expected. He is appreciative. He is small.

I think he's looking for a pen pal.

Well Done!!!

Erik, you jerk! You made me spew coffee out my nose. I hope you feel bad.

Not! That was great!

Sorry , jr. I can't help you, either. I have to admit that the phrasing and grammar left me, too, wondering what the heck you wanted to know.

Jon B.

good grief,
i know i have hell communicating,i'll try again,tj give me a break
i'am just a old cowboy and can't help it!

1. motorola 35 amp alt. using crosswinds stc.
2. volt readings at alt. with master switch on , shows 12.5 volts at all
terminals,question is the 12.5 volts at the leads on the alt. normal or what should they be,field voltage should be battery voltage,i don't know about the other's,that was the reason for the question!
the problem has so far been intramittent and that suggested loose connections,but couldn't find anything apparent.

thank's

jr.

Not sure if you have type A or B system. Check out the troubleshooting section on Zeftronics website or give them a call. 903-758-6661 http://www.zeftronics.com/ Sounds like to me a loose connestion. Could be an overvoltage relay intermittent also but hard to determine without seeing the system. The site above should help you find the problem.

jr.hammack said:
howdy all,
,then came back on line just before i got to greatfalls.

thank's

jr.

thats your biggest problem. You are trying to troubleshoot a working system.

Back