• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Teflon oil lines

Ron B.

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
I'm considering installing Stainless steel braided teflon oil lines, to my cooler. Any thoughts on this out there?
Thanks Ron

what for?What I mean is I thought there was a Service Bulleton that recommended replacement every 5 years. Standard lines go that distance easily. With regular change outs failer rate would be nil.

I though that with an infinite life they would be better, but I'm not able to locate any bigger than a # 6 and the lines are #8.

Aircraft Spruce has it in larger sizes and with integral firesleeve. Looks like a good way to go to me. The 7-8 year life on the 111 or 303 hose makes the teflon worth the extra money.

303-8 hose

Just got 15+ years outta my 303-8 oil hose.....Thank God..stiff as boards.....how did you come up with 7-8 years, Steve? How often do you replace them? Frank

I gotta agree with Steve. Most of the oil/fuel hoses I see, are harder than the hinges of hell. Just replace them. Its cheap insurance.

Piper has an AD on flexible oil lines on the later models. Remember SCs, Pacers and TriPacers originally had steel lines and have been modified with flex lines in the field.

OK I have the original steel lines and am waiting the arrival of a Casper Labs filter adapter. I understand I have to change to flexible lines. Whats the basis of approval? I cannot seem to find a thing except for a reference in the Univar catalog, and it says it requires a field approval. I got the lengths from another member and can have the lines made up, what four AN fittings do I need?

OR is there a better place just to buy it as an STC, Lycoming replacement part?

Back