• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need dimension: Jury Strut fitting

Bugs66

Spokane WA
I am building my D&E Super Cub wing and want to pre drill the spars for the jury strut attach fittings. The Piper drawings are a little mysterious. In looking at the front and rear spar drawings, I have come up with a number of 56.6 or 56.8in from the wing hinge hole to the jury strut holes.

Can anyone verify or perhaps someone with a wing open could take a measurement from the wing hinge hole for me?

Thanks for any help.

Bugs

Bugs66,
The Northland drawings show all the dimensions you'll need. It's a good investment for anyone building or repairing. If you need the measurement in a hurry, I can send you a copy of the spar drawings. I can try to fax them to you.

John

cubsunlimited@verizon.net

Thanks John,
I do have the Northland drawings. That is where I came up with the 56in dimension. Just looking for a verification from an actual wing. The Piper drawings have several reference points, plus 4 different spar versions. The front and rear spars use a different points for reference, requiring some induction.

Bugs:
Split the difference. Make it 56.7". 2" will not matter in the least for the position of the attach points.

56 13/16" on a original Piper rear spar. That is as accurate as I can get with a tape measure, so it would probably be 56.8".

TJ is right. .2" won't make any difference. Piper's tolerances were probably more than that. Fractional tolerances are usually pretty large.
I came up with 56.82" on the prints. I measured an actual wing and it verifies that measurement.

john

Back