• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Montague Island

cub_driver

Big Lake AK
I just returned home from a wonderfull day of beach combing on Montague Island. The weather was perfect for flying Prince William Sound there was not a cloud in the sky and the winds where calm with exception of returning through turnaging arm we had a little head wind. I hate it when the cars on the road below me pass me.

The beach combing was good we found lots of floats, ropes, fish nets and things a man just can't live without. Its a good think I have a cub otherwise I would have had a truck load of junk when I returned home.

Cub_Driver

Hi there, I've been to Montague Island many time, it's probably my greatest memories of my 13 years in Alaska. A friend of mine out of Eagle River use to hunt there and just go kick rocks. When I was building my Expermental Cub [Stumpjumper] I made a comittment to fly back to Montague with it and kick more rocks. This summer may be the right time. One of the biggest bear that I seen in Alaska was on Montague Island, also I landed there once to find a PA-12, all white with no other markings washing in and out with the surf. The State Troopers indicated that it was some drug stuff going on and they retreived the rest of the airplane. I lived in Wasilla for 7 years working for Moon Drilling Co...... Take care...

Tony

If you fly up here this summer I would enjoy taking a trip back to the Island. I have only landed on a couple of the beaches seems my cub is loaded with wounderful priceless junk within the first couple of hours and I head home.

Bears :eek: you could have spared me that one. There are some monsters on Montague and Hinchinbrook Islands. I have never been to Hawkins Island but I would think it has brown bears on it also. The only other place I have seen brown bears in PWS is head waters of Kings Bay. I think most of the other islands are free of Brown Bears has anyone ever seen Brown bears on any other Islands?

Cub_Driver

Back