• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Streatched pacers, (Producers)??

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
Question One:
Years ago I had a chance to fly one. It was a PA-20 with PA-14 type wings, and the fuselage was extended as well.
There was a guy named Steve Bryant making them. (Jakes Aircraft) .
He used to do the annuals on my cub.

Now I can't seem to find out if he is still in business or if there are any Producers still out there,

Has anyone else flown one and does anyone know if they are still in business and what is their e-mail or phone#.

Second question...

Has anyone flown a pacer with extended wings but not the extended fuselage? I am wondering how they handle on floats and if it would make a good float trainer.???? There is one that I am thinking on, since everything else is way over priced at the moment.

xx

Thanks, I sent him an e-mail through the secret squirel e-mail system....

He is a very great source of info and I am asking his advise again...

Alex, Good to hear from you.
The typical "extended wing" is normally just the inclusion of tips onto a standard wing. A converted Pacer may work well for you. Pacers usually have good useful load numbers too, 700 / 800 lbs. - Steve

Thanks Steve, I wish I could find one of your Producers out there for sale.
The couple of times I was inside one really made an impression.
Now that I have grown a little, the extra room could come in handy.

alex

Alex,
A Maule might work for you as well and you should be able to pick one up for less than a producer would cost.

Tony

I have looked a the few I found for sale and they were rather pricey.
My only experience in a Maule was in an M-7 on floats. I remember pulling back the power (like a supercub) once I was over the trees that lined the lake. Then the nose fell towards the center of the earth like a rock. I barely made it into the horizontal flight mode before I hit the water.
That plane seemed to be a prime example of thrust over weight and drag.

I have to find something, I just did my taxes for the last business year.
Between, fuel, parts, oil, advertising, and office stuff I went WAY in the HOLE doing primary students and BFRs. I have to open up into something for people who have money.

Back