• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dropped off Chat Room

bobnall

Hillsboro, OR
This to Ikatan and AKM5Driver...sorry about dropping off the chat room this evening when just getting started. Something's gotten into my computer. I get on line for several minutes, then a box comes up saying I have 59 seconds and then it will shut down and reboot, and that's what it does.

The IT people at work think it's W32.Blaster.Worm virus and they gave me a removal tool, and I've run it 3 times. The worm still seems to be here, so don't know how long I'll be here tonite. Guess I'll have to go another route.

Anyway, apologies for not being able to carry on the conversation, but thanks to you Ikatan, I now know how to work the chat room.

Bob

Bob,
I got bit by the worm too. I had to go to microsoft and download thier fix. Then run the tool too repair the damage. It ends up being a race to download before you get bumped! Good luck!
Laz

Yes, you have the MS BLASTER worm. It is not that big of a deal, but can be annoying to get rid of. It screws up windowsupdate also, so you have to go to www.microsoft.com where you will see the link to download the patch. If you go to "technical details" you can get the patch without having to go through windowsupdate which the worm disables.

Worms, viruses, and such are what happens when you have lots of unemployed computer people with too much time on their hands. What they need is a super cub.

sj

Thanks Steve and Laz. I'll find out tonight if the patch and worm removal tool worked. I also enabled the internal firewall, which I did not know existed until getting into www.microsoft.com. I also disabled the antivirus so the removal tool could do it's job, then enabled it again.

It's more fun talking and reading about Supercubs than going thru this crap.

Bob

Is there a way to move the chat thingy off the index page if you want to? It makes it harder to wade through all the new posts to find the good ones, like I end up getting a history lesson on Nixon, and missing a request for engine data, stuff like that. I'm not saying get rid of it, I'm sure it it great for some, but I doubt I will ever have enough computer knowledge to know how to use it.

Boz, it does involve typing...

I do think it looks kind of obnoxious sitting there, if you hit "view all posts since last visit" you don't have to look at it.

sj

Sorry, Is it that obvious? Taxes due today....To much time sitting at this damn confuser doing paperwork. Just hooked a new printer up to the confuser, the old one doesn't work so well now that is it full of magnum hollow points....I really need to do some flying.

Hmmmm...magnum hollow points in the printer. Think that would work on this computer too? It would be more fun just to make visits with folks to talk and fly , er, fly and talk supercubs.

Back