• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tire Pressure...

FlipFlop

Maintaining at Flight Level Zero, requesting lower
Just ran across a document that states "One of the major tire manufacturers estimates a loss of one psi of pressure for every four degree (F) drop in temperature".

Sooo, if I depart "Lovely" Fresno in the winter and fly nonstop to Fairbanks, I'll have vacumn tubes in my tires...

Dave,

If you fly non stop to Fairbanks in a CUBY, you gotta have a lot more fuel capacity than the 68 gallons I carry. Not to mention the large economy sized bladder.

Do you suppose that if I fly south to Fresno at the same temperature spread, that my 8.50's will turn into 31"bushwheels ? Maybe I'll find out after the raffle drawing.

Ursa Major said:
Do you suppose that if I fly south to Fresno at the same temperature spread, that my 8.50's will turn into 31"bushwheels ? Maybe I'll find out after the raffle drawing.

Good one Mike!...

This tire thing is kinda gettin' outa hand... I'm winnin' and that's all there is to it... I'm constantly being bugged by some guy in WA with a red airplane who thinks he has a chance of winnin'... Not a chance... Although, if by some very slight chance he did, I've got dubs on his 29"s...

Cuby, I will even build you a set of safety cables when we install them on your plane! You still have time to buy a couple more tickets!

Tim

PA12driver said:
Cuby, I will even build you a set of safety cables when we install them on your plane! You still have time to buy a couple more tickets!

Tim

Sorry Buddy :howdy , it was a joke, no way you're winnin'...

Back