• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rag Wing General Maintenance, Restoration in Southeast US

Clay Hammond

Rhinebeck NY (NY94)
Bill Hammond Aviation
Griffin GA
Ph. 770-412-8812
E-mail: hammond_bill@hotmail.com

This is my dad's business that he runs out of his grass strip in Griffin, GA. 35+ years A&Pw/IA, he cut his teeth working for Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in upstate New York as their chief pilot/mechanic back in the 80's (www.oldrhinebeck.org). So he definitely knows his way around vintage/antique/ragwing types. He's also the one who built that Pepsi Supercub with the IO-540. (www.skywriter.info) He's old time to the core, own's two original 41' J-3's, one with a 65hp Franklin and the other with a Super C-85. Also owns and maintains a 1928 Travel Air D-4000. Give him a call if you need some work done, he's very meticulous, indicative by the fact that several airshow performers regularly have him perform maintenance on their show planes, no margin for error or lack of safety. If you need more info feel free to contact me,

clay@sepiper.com

or just call him directly. Leave a message if no answer.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to re-jigger this post back to the top as my father just recently completed a five year commitment to a composite repair facility he was inspecting for and managing. He's now back in the business full time of repairing, restoring, rebuilding and generally maintaining antiques and tail-draggers again.

Please consider giving him a call if you are in need of this type of service.

Thanks!

Back