• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wire gauge size ??

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
I'm going to be installing an under seat battery, no alternator/generator in my PA-11, I'm planning on using 4 gauge wire from the battery to the master solenoid and 4 gauge from there to the stater solenoid and 4 gauge up to the starter itself. Does that sound correct?
What gauge wire should I use from the solenoids to the battery switch
What gauge wire should I use from the starter solenoid to the starter switch?
I'll be installing nav lights, just in case I get caught out after sunset, not planning on night flights, what wire size is recommended for those?
I'll also be running a portable or small comm radio.
What wire size should I run from the master solenoid to my small bus to power the above?
Thanks

lot's gonna depend on what type of items you install, regular lights, or LEDs..

from starter switch to solenoid 16 is more than enough...

lot's gonna depend on what type of items you install, regular lights, or LEDs..

Big time. You need to read the chart in AC43.13 for wire size. You trace out the length of the wire needed and the max current that the wire will carry and the chart will show what gauge wire to use.

When I install underseat batteries. I use 4 gauge cable from the battery all the way to the starter motor.

Web

Attachments

• wire chart copy.pdf
    325.5 KB · Views: 216
That's what I needed, thanks.

Big time. You need to read the chart in AC43.13 for wire size. You trace out the length of the wire needed and the max current that the wire will carry and the chart will show what gauge wire to use.

When I install underseat batteries. I use 4 gauge cable from the battery all the way to the starter motor.

Web

Back