• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A Scale Super Cub Model with welded fuselage

There are a couple of additional shots of it in the ModelCAD gallery too.

We met Mr. Mears at Oshkosh (2004). He approached us to use our (Warren Aircraft LLC) Super Cub N4050Z (winner outstanding PA-18 ) for his next competition R/C plane. He has sent us several pictures of his delicate work. It is amazing! Working brakes and everything.

I exchanged emails with Graeme today... he has quite a resume of accomplishments and awards. He also mentioned the latest Super Cub project which will be an exact replica of N4050Z.
Graeme Mears ~ I saw a beautiful restoration (rebuild) done by Warren Aircraft LLC....it won a prize. I have decided to replicate this one N4050Z. I liked it because it was a little "different, with "Cubcrafters" cowl, vortex generators, sub-fin and luggage door on the side. It is white with red markings. The Warren brothers have been very helpfull with any info I have needed and are excited about me "modelling" their aircraft.

I have put about 200 hrs into this new project. The right wing is ready for covering and the left wing about 40 hours away. So I have interesting documentation pictures of this project.
In the coming days Graeme said he will send several photos and descriptions of both projects. I will post them as soon as they are received.

Back