I've not been making any posts to this blog for a while but that day came when I was ready for the DAR and was issued my experimental airworthiness certificate. And then it was time to fly .
The Carbon Cub came out very nice, in my opinion. I made some modifications to the kit as explained in other posts. And it is a nice light Cub too. As shown in the image it weighs an even 1000 pounds.
Since we're limited to five images per post I started a new entry on my fuselage covering.
Somewhere in the Poly Brush application stage.
The Poly Spray silver stage was finished a couple of weeks ago with three cross-coats.
Followed by three coats of Poly Tone 105 Insignia white shown above and the underside belly shot
I have my instrument panel finished as far as I can go with it before installing it in the plane:
I like a traditional panel with 'steam gauges' and so made the panel accordingly. The engine instrumentaion is with EI products, the radio and transponder are Becker and a PS Engineering intercom system. The tach is an electronic digital type but with an analog pointer in a 2.215" dia. case. There's no tach cable from the engine. Panel lighting
It has been a while since I posted about my Carbon Cub build progress. And that's not because there hasn't been any progress - I've just been too busy I guess to take the time. The left wing is finished now:
My plan had been to go to the tail feathers next but that changed and I'm working on spraying aluminum parts now including the lift struts, fuel tank covers, baggage door, control surfaces and wing root fairings.