• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Electric Fuel Level Senders

John Squier

Portland, Maine
I am currently trying to replace the fuel level senders in my PA14. It has UMA (PMA'd/TSO'd) electric fuel gauges that work in the 30-240 ohm range, 23 gallon Dakota Cub wing tanks with the electric gauge plates. The current senders are a mixed used set from the shelf made to work that are now failing, no visible numbers anywhere on them. Has anyone used these tanks and if so what sending unit did you use and did you have to modify it to calibrate it correctly. Although the plane is currently in Experimental Exhibition I would like to use FAA approved parts on this. Aircraft Spruce has ISS senders but they are not approved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Last edited:
I am currently trying to replace the fuel level senders in my PA14. It has UMA (PMA'd/TSO'd) electric fuel gauges that work in the 30-240 ohm range, 23 gallon Dakota Cub wing tanks with the electric gauge plates. The current senders are a mixed used set from the shelf made to work that are now failing, no visible numbers anywhere on them. Has anyone used these tanks and if so what sending unit did you use and did you have to modify it to calibrate it correctly. Although the plane is currently in Experimental Exhibition I would like to use FAA approved parts on this. Aircraft Spruce has ISS senders but they are not approved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Send me a private message in an hour and I can send you the Stewart Warner part number for the gauge. I keep on box top in my tool box at shop. No such thing as approved, they are tractor/ car parts that get a magical stamp that says they are special. The part number that sticks in my head is 818 A and 818 B. Might be right might be wrong. Been 20 years since I bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back