• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Experimental Airworthiness certificates

skywagon8a

SE Mass MA6
Periodically the FAA sends out E-mails titled "FAAST Blast". Today one came with a discussion of the experimental experience. Judging by many comments on these forums there is some misunderstanding of "experimental" airplanes. So for those of you who don't know and a refresher for those who do, this is direct from the horses mouth. The Experimental Experience https://spark.adobe.com/page/Jbqy5ovEBcqZd/

Interesting article. It offers a very "high level" overview of experimental airworthiness certificates, but doesn't dig too much into the details. Good basic info, but the FAA orders and ACs that are mentioned in the article are where the real information is found. As always, the devil is in those details.

When doing the initial test flight on my last EAB, I brought my dealer/instructor along under the new APP. Best idea since sliced bread.

Thats what I thought, did they really loosen requirements on frequency and type of flying under those regs, because he flies that thing all over any time?

Experimental Exhibition:
To exhibit an aircraft's flight capabilities, performance, or unusual capabilities for airshows, motion pictures, television, and similiar productions, and for the maintenance of exhibition flight proficiency.

I think that Mike has to submit a schedule and proposed flying to the FSDO.

I thought I'd read somewhere that they softened up on the schedule req.

The op limits require an annual “program letter” that lists proposed fly ins, Airshows, and other exhibitions of the aircraft. The catch all is “proficiency flying”, how can FAA show that any given flights isn’t for proficiency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, once you meet the requirements of 91.319(b), passengers can be carried. There is a prohibition on carrying persons or property “for hire” however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back