• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trying to schedule float flying birthday surprise with non-flying person not fun.

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
" I want to schedule a surprise Seaplane lesson for my husband's birthday while we are in Homer at the end of the month."

" OK, he should be ready to go whenever the weather clears up or it is not blowing wind."

" So which day will that be? "

" Only God knows. But generally the fall mornings and later afternoons are better because the ocean wind calms down."

" Which days are those?"

( several repeat -emails and text of same question )

" Ok, I now have 15 e-mails from you asking about the weather next week. There is no telling what it will do, just be ready to go if it is nice. The last 5 days have been solid rain or rain with high winds. "

" So, Sunday the 26th at 1pm will be good??"

" I give up"

A couple days later.

"How about today? we have spare time."

" It is foggy with half mile visibility, it would be suicidal."

" But won't it be nice inside the plane? "

" Do you work for the FAA? "

Attachments

• Mist over ast Chugak Island Rock 6.26.05.JPG
    Mist over ast Chugak Island Rock 6.26.05.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 183
Yep...they do not have any idea what the pilot seat view of the operation is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night it quit raining for awhile I I told them it was time to go... Instead they went out to lands End for dinner. She still thinks that 1pm tomorrow will be the perfect time. Too bad I gave up drinking...

Last edited:
Last night it quit raining for awhile I I told them it was time to go... Instead they went out to lands End for dinner. She still thinks that 1pm tomorrow will be the perfect time. To bad I gave up drinking...

If she is right...then she will know she is an expert!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night it quit raining for awhile I I told them it was time to go... Instead they went out to lands End for dinner. She still thinks that 1pm tomorrow will be the perfect time. Too bad I gave up drinking...

Flying in poor conditions is no laughing matter.

This thread on the other hand...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Well, we actually went flying for a couple hours.
Across the bay in the mountains it was rather unpleasant, so we went out to Caribou Lake the shoot some landing and then up to Tustumeana. The western half of Tusty was foggy and misty, but the rest of the area was ok.
So on the way back she ( from the back seat) talks about how it was too bad she did not get any over the glaciers photos because of the wind.

SO Get This... The wind stopped blowing in one area long enough for us to climb up over the ice field for 20 minutes. Just in that one area...

No doubt the work of dark forces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Well now I have been sitting around waiting for somebody else to show up in town after several phone calls.
Super nice weather and NOBODY wants to go flying.. or at least the people who said they would never show up...

Back