• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tropical Cubs?

cgoldy

Moogerah Queensland Australia
There is a very slight chance that I might be spending 2 years in the tropics. I am panicking already about how my beautiful cub would survive the rain and humidity. Any one with first hand experience willing to calm my concerns.

Col Goldy

Mildew washes off. Rust? Not so much.

Didn’t we used to have a member in Thailand? With a Husky? He seemed to have fun.

Mildew washes off. Rust? Not so much.

Didn’t we used to have a member in Thailand? With a Husky? He seemed to have fun.

I was thinking about inside the wings. Any one ever seen mildew inside a wing?

I was thinking about inside the wings. Any one ever seen mildew inside a wing?

I know of a C170 with a dark stain in one wing that wouldn't wipe out. Imagine a wing leaning against a shed with the leading edge down and 18 to 24 inches of floodwater. That is what I imagined when I saw it and mould or mold was not a consideration. It's too far away to sneak another look.

Leave it with me Col.
i'll look after it for you..........
i hate not having anything to fly.
:roll:

We have been operating a few PA-18 for 25+ years at about 4 deg North and and 10 miles from the coast. Keep it hangared. Don't let crud build up around tail post. (Last 4 feet metal?). If your fabric/coatings are good you can keep them that way. If they aren't good, you'll sure know in a few years.

Sent from my XT1575 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back