• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lift Reserve Indicators/AOA indicators

CubDriver218

Minnesota
IMG_1170.jpg
Here is a picture of the Lift Reserve Indicator gauge we have installed in our Cessna 180. Everything I've read makes Lift Reserve Indicators sound like an amazing tool. I've read articles that explain how to precisely read these indicators like exactly where your best rate of climb would be, best rate of glide, decent etc. However all of that information is for a different gauge on the market, not the one we have. I've not been able to find any information regarding our above gauge. I'm not sure who makes it or if they're even still in business anymore.
My question is if anyone has any knowledge about the LRI we have so I can study up and learn everything about this one.
Or I wonder if I can simply purchase one of the new digital gauges to be installed with existing tubes and sensor already attached to the wing?
Any additional info is appreciated as I'm really looking forward to flying with an LRI and learning more about them.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Hi,
I have the gauge in the article you noted in my 185 that I have had for a year and a half now. There are other articles on the web I have found but they all reference the other gauge. I have never seen the one you have but it looks like its informative. I don't reference the gauge as much as I should and am working on that. They are almost standard on new production SE aircraft I see nowadays.
Mine is the round gauge and mounts slightly to the left on the top of the dash. It is fully exposed and looks a bit intrusive but is out of the line of sight when flying.

Tom

Back