• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Yes, no, I don’t know

Beaverpilot

Manitoba Canada
This is the rear seat cross tube. Should I keep it or cut out and weld in the square tube?
86675be12d2008cf7361812133aeafe0.jpg
5381c90f4ada0a1a09036a040141ab86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

make a hinged bar that pivots to the front on the left side. makes it easier to load/unload big stuff.
DENNY

Just curious as to why the original SC uses square tube. I was thinking of quick release pins to help with getting access aft.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

What rules? Certificated? Cutting rear seat tubes in the States is a difficult approval. Ask Scooter to post a pic or two of his removable tubes. Round tubes, by the way.

Here's the only pic I can find. Saddles made from a round tube. Pins welded to the seat tubes to hold things together. All three tubes come out.

84adf97034ab22aa30708d89361395d8.jpg

Last edited:
what rules? Certificated? Cutting rear seat tubes in the states is a difficult approval. Ask scooter to post a pic or two of his removable tubes. Round tubes, by the way.

Here's the only pic i can find. Saddles made from a round tube. Pins welded to the seat tubes to hold things together. All three tubes come out.

84adf97034ab22aa30708d89361395d8.jpg
i’

I’m experimental, and in Canada. Is that the willow mountain floor? The top bar looks similar to mine.

There’s nothing wrong with the round tube. The original was very thin wall material and not very strong.
Roger Borer had an STC for the swing out hinge type, which swings against the throttle panel.
Keeps things like big black Labs from lifting the FAD bar out if you forget the safety pins.....

Back