• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wag Aero Sport Trainer — horizontal stabilizer swage

rv7pilot

Normal, IL
I see on the Wag Aero Sport Trainer that there is a note to swage 3 1/4” in from the inboard edge of the horizontal stabilizer leading edge. The plans aren’t super clear on this. Is the entire 3 1/4” section to be swaged? Or is it a swage that begins at that dimension? In my materials kit from Wag Aero, there is a compressed section of the leading edge that is about 1” long, but it begins at 3 3/4”. I’m not sure if that is where they compressed it in the bender and that part gets cut off, or if it is partially swaged, or it is swaged and needs 1/2” cut off of the end to get the plans dimension. This is for the balanced tail, btw. What is this swaged part even used for? It appears that this leading edge tube slides over a 7/8” tube to mount, correct? Is this to take up some of the slop in the socket?

Thanks!

Rob

I think I have this figured out. I believe the socket is already formed and the area that looks compressed really isn’t compressed. It is just a tooling mark.

Back