• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rigging compatibility

txpacer

SPONSOR
Iowa Park, TX
How much stuff would I have buy to make a set of Edo 2000s with PA-12 rigging work on a Super Cub?

Just the upright struts (6 pieces) I just switched a set from -12 to -18 rigging and had a full set of both but all the blocks were identical- just the struts were different lengths.

Probably would be wise to check the actual edo drawings to double check, but that's how these were. Most edo installation drawings available on Kenmore's website, in case you haven't found them yet...

How much stuff would I have buy to make a set of Edo 2000s with PA-12 rigging work on a Super Cub?

Just the upright struts (6 pieces) I just switched a set from -12 to -18 rigging and had a full set of both but all the blocks were identical- just the struts were different lengths.
txpacer, if you have the stock -12 gear, the front fittings will be different. I suspect that ak49 has -18 gear on his -12.

Look here at the drawings: http://www.kenmoreairharbor.com/models.html

.... to make a set of Edo 2000s with PA-12 rigging work on a Super Cub?
This also depends on how strictly by the book you wish to be. I'm using Citabria struts on my widebody -18. They work just fine, a bit nose low when compared to an -18 rigging. If you are willing to play with it it's possible that all you'll need is the front fittings. You may need to change the length of the wire pulls or the cross wires.

Also the rear fuselage fittings are different unless you have the weld on units.

Last edited:
Looking at the drawings, it looks like most everything but the spreader bars and a couple of the wires have different part numbers. It could get expensive to do it right.

txpacer, if you have the stock -12 gear, the front fittings will be different. I suspect that ak49 has -18 gear on his -12.

They didn't come off of my plane- in fact they were last on a -14 that I've never seen so I don't know what gear configuration it had; I just swapped rigging and installed them on a -18; hence my recommendation to check the drawings...

Thanks for the responses. I'm looking at a nice set of floats from a PA-12, but I don't think I can pay what the seller wants based on what it will cost to switch the rigging. I'm not really interested in cobbling something together that's not right.

Is this the new float pond at F14?
0b04831dbc0bcb3fa8bcc8ad3e794437.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back