• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA12 to 18 gear

C130jake

BENEFACTOR
Four Corners Wyoming
We are thinking of switching to pa18 gear after this float season. Do the old forward fittings get replaced or are the cabane V ears welded on? (Didn't see them searching for parts)

Which STC works best? Any thing new 12 owners should know? Will 3" extended gear hydrosorbs from a wide body cub fit? (Thinking of AOSS for my carboncub and donating the bungies)

Anyone know a good airframe welder in the Minneapolis area that is familiar with this STC?

Thanks,

Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

New fittings will need to be installed. I think Airframes has them but probably others too.

Our 12 is 26" at the front gear fitting. I will recheck, but I think my carboncub is 26" also. (4" wider than a supercub?) Would my CC shock struts fit? Trying to keep the parts count and price down.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Mike, do you have a source for the plates? I didn't see them on the Airframe website or Univar. Is there a part #?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here is a closeup up of the added tabs outlined in yellow.

super cub gear fitting hilite.jpg

It is important to have the cabane attached while fitting and welding the tabs.

Is the plane in the Minneapolis area? There are a number of welders with the capabilities at some of the airports. Could also check with your local EAA chapter.

I used Atlee's STC and it included the tabs.

Wayne

Attachments

• super cub gear fitting hilite.jpg
    super cub gear fitting hilite.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Back