• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Panel questions

Farmboy

Middlebury, VT
For anyone that has built their own panel -

I have laid out a new panel for my -11 since I can't leave well enough alone, and one nagging question without running lots of trial tests is regarding the beaded edge on the top.
How much material do I need to allow extra in order to roll the bead on, and did you trim it after rolling the bead, or cut it to size and then roll the bead?

I want to be as close as possible because due to the panel design the material normally cut off may be bent as part of a center section and incorporated as part of the finish piece. If the beaded edge takes too much away I will have to create a second section, which while not terrible may not be as clean as it all being one piece.

Last question is if someone has a photo of the bead die profile they can post, I'd love to see it, since it rolls the bead and a finishing 90 angle. (unless it's simply cut at the end of the bead)

Thanks in advance -
Peter

IMG_0478.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
It's both a custom layout and a custom shape Mike, so I need to bend it up from raw sheet stock. I've got some .050" but I might look at going a little lighter in thickness.

Back