• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wag aero 2+2 ?

THE MACHINIST

I found a wag aero 2+2 fuselage and wings online that I am interested in but it is in eastern Canada and I am in north Idaho. So checking it out is not in the cards. I have received quite a few pictures it has no data plate just wanted to make sure that it is what it is. Can anyone verify that it is indeed a wag aero 2+2 or pa14 from the pictures Or better yet live near Hamilton Ontario and be willing to be paid to go check it out.

Thanks

jamie

Attachments

• IMG_7154.JPG
    IMG_7154.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_7151.jpg
    IMG_7151.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_7153.jpg
    IMG_7153.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
Looks like it to me. Has the wag-aero wonky torque tube arrangement too. Besides the bent longeron how bad is it hurt?

Kevin

thank you very much
the only other damage that I am aware of is in the next attached picture. I was told that this happened during recovery work. After a ski hit a drift folded back and hit the longeron

Is the "wonky" torque tube a problem or weak point?

thanks again for your time and knowledge

Attachments

• IMG_7155.JPG
    IMG_7155.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 129
The torque tube was Dick Wagners way of simplifying the control system for a homebuilder. The shot of the right stick in the picture tells the story. If I was building one from scratch I would adapt the clipper or PA14 torque tube. Years ago I did some work on a 2+2 for a guy. He made it into a wide PA12 with center seating. I mounted a cub torque tube in it for him and a few pulley runs. The one in the pics looks like a good head start.

Looks like a good head start. Not a fun fuselage to start from scratch. What Tim said.

Jamie,
Looks about right. I attached a few pictures of my 2+2 fuselage with the control stick set up.
Marty
IMG_7472.jpgIMG_7440.jpgIMG_6693.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7472.jpg
    IMG_7472.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7440.jpg
    IMG_7440.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6693.jpg
    IMG_6693.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 152
I can answer that , are you going to get it or are you going to ship it?

If your going to get it simple declare used aircraft parts at the border with a receipt .

if you going to ship it you need a broker.

As far as importing the guy that owns it doesn't want to hassle with bringing it into the US. He said he would meet a friend of mine that will store it for me at the border. But I'm already imposing on my friend to store it for me until I can Come get it in the spring.

Thanks

jamie

Back