• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

C85 cam in a 0-200

Doug Budd

Crawford Nebraska
I'm rebuilding a 0-200 for a experimental cub and thinking about putting a c85 cam in it. Can I use the 0-200 lifters?

Bowersflybaby.com , go to the engines tab and scroll down to A&C continentals parts interchangeability, you may find an answer there.

You need the tappets compatible with a C85. The C90 and 0200 use different metal in the tappets, some of the cams are iron and some are not.

Glenn

The stroked c85 puts out hp in the high 90's at lower RPM's also more torque than an 0-200. And by putting a 85 cam in it I am converting an 0200 into a stroked 85. I am also going to put modified c85 Pistons or lycon 9-1 Pistons in it to up the hp

thank you you for all the replies

If you're thinking about puffing up an O 200 look at the 9.5 NFS pistons and a Stage 3 cam from some of the airboat guys. A good tuned exhaust and add an electronic ignition and will yield about 125+ dependable HP

I have the lycon pistons but I'm having second thoughts about it because of the problems guys are having with them. Where do I find the info on the cam?

Give Don a call at Don's Dream Machines. He may be willing to share his wealth of knowledge.

That's why I suggested you reach out to him, if you were doing your own work you wouldn't be picking his brain while he was trying to make a buck. He did my 0-200, I'm not sure what was done but he certainly has a few tricks up his sleeve. Not to mention real nice guy. Good luck.
VT Glenn 40M

Last edited:
http://donsdreammachines.com/

i talked with don last year about camshafts for 0-200. He told me he sorta kinda retired but not really. He is a wonderful guy who will patiently answer your questions and give you his thoughts on tweaking an 0200
the biggest issue I had was the 4 month wait, he is pretty busy.
The old school cam that he likes to use is nearly non existent
he told me I would have to find a cam because he was fresh out. It's worth a call just to chat he's the real deal

Jim

Dons son is running it now I believe but should be a good source for info. Also Aircraft Specialties in Tulsa will regrind your cam or maybe exchange. Bobby Merrill- 918 836 6872..... http://www.aircraft-specialties.com/ Early method was to use the C85 pistons in the O-200 and advance the cam 1 tooth. It seemed to really perk up an O-200. The NFS pistons bring the compression up to 9.5

Back