PDA

View Full Version : New Panel layout comments wanted

MT12
05-09-2016, 01:59 PM
I am in the final stages of completing my new panel for my project 12, it will use a Garmin 796, Garmin 225, Sandia 165 txp. Here's my final layout ready to be lazar cut. The instrument selection has been set so I don't need to hear comments on that but layout wise, any helpful comments would be...well helpful. 25552

geoaspen
05-09-2016, 03:59 PM
25557Most important to me is having the 796 centered as you do. It's a great machine and what you watch 99% of the time. There is a previous thread about mounts.

DENNY
05-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Put all the switches on a drop down/pull out panel so when you need to work on them you don't have to lay on your back. That hole for the 796 should do the same thing if the docking gismo is easy to get out so you can reach behind to get to all the instruments/swithes. I put my gps about 1/3 up past the top of the panel with stock garmin surface mount on removable panel. That way I am not looking down so far and still have some peripheral vision when I am playing with it. Where is you ball going? I am thinking of putting mine on top of GPS.
DENNY

MT12
05-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Put all the switches on a drop down/pull out panel so when you need to work on them you don't have to lay on your back. That hole for the 796 should do the same thing if the docking gismo is easy to get out so you can reach behind to get to all the instruments/swithes. I put my gps about 1/3 up past the top of the panel with stock garmin surface mount on removable panel. That way I am not looking down so far and still have some peripheral vision when I am playing with it. Where is you ball going? I am thinking of putting mine on top of GPS.
DENNY

Switches in my 12 will be in the original location by my right arm just fore of the door. will will be a stick on type put somewhere convenient when the rest of this is done

mike mcs repair
05-09-2016, 10:05 PM
your picture don't show the detail... repost

watch for the TUBES behind panel...

MT12
05-09-2016, 10:32 PM
see if this one comes in any better, I have done this in plexiglass to check for tubes, all is well on that front25560

mike mcs repair
05-09-2016, 11:13 PM
see if this one comes in any better, I have done this in plexiglass to check for tubes, all is well on that front25560

nope only pixelated image I see.. no detail

stewartb
05-09-2016, 11:17 PM
The persistent question that every new panel builder faces? Flush mount the Garmin or not? You know they'll come out with a newer, more capable box in a different shape next year. And every time I buy one I tell myself I won't need the next one.... and then I buy it anyway. That said, I'd surface mount the Garmin. The airplane will outlast the popularity of that GPS.

Looks good. Have fun!

OLDCROWE
05-10-2016, 07:32 AM
The persistent question that every new panel builder faces? Flush mount the Garmin or not? You know they'll come out with a newer, more capable box in a different shape next year. And every time I buy one I tell myself I won't need the next one.... and then I buy it anyway. That said, I'd surface mount the Garmin. The airplane will outlast the popularity of that GPS.

Looks good. Have fun!Totally happy with mine surface mounted as well.