• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fuselage paint schemes

Super11XP

Hot Springs, SD
I'm a few months out on covering and painting the fuselage of my experimental "sort of a cub, sort of not". I really like the paint scheme of the prototype carbon cub, except I would like to have black on the bottom, and silver on top. I've been keeping my eye out on this forum and others to see if I can find another plane painted like what I want to do but I'm just not finding it. It seems that the darker color is always on top, and the lighter color is on the bottom.
I realize that this is an odd request, but perhaps someone here knows of something out there that's painted like I'm proposing and you could share a pic with me. Below is a pic of the prototype carbon cub to show you what I mean. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 481
Darker color on top is to help melt frost off the wings/ wind screen. At least that's why we do it up here....

Where I live we put the light colour on top to help keep it cool in summer!

dark colour on bottom to help hide the bugs/poop/mud/oil......

Where I live we put the light colour on top to help keep it cool in summer!

dark colour on bottom to help hide the bugs/poop/mud/oil......

Haha must be nice. I think there were 3 or 4 days last summer where that would have been useful. The other 361 however....

Haha must be nice. I think there were 3 or 4 days last summer where that would have been useful. The other 361 however....

Yeah, the downside is sweltering in 90% humidity all the time in the summer………….

Winters are easy, the worse mother nature can throw at us is a good frost. You guys would wander around in your shorts and t-shirts wondering what all the fuss is about!

The other reason for painting the tops white that I forgot to mention is New Zealand has the highest levels of UV in the world, which is why we all have skin cancer….... Colours like red rapidly deteriorate if on top due to the UV. White gives a lot better service.

Back