• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A new GPS from Garmin--Aera 660

joemcd

FRIEND
Is anyone using Garmin's new GPS, the Aera 660? It looks like a nice unit and it seems that the subscription plan is finally at a competitive price.

I would love to know your impressions and specifically your thoughts on the terrain page and how useful the moving map is when using the VFR sectional chart.

Thanks,
Joe

I use the 660 big brother, I like it. I have played with the 660 in a shop and it is almost the same but for the size. I would buy if I needed a new gps. Kline the sectional page the best onall gps units I use.

I hope Garmin combines the GDL 39 3D and DeLorme messenger into this unit and I would have one now.

Mike

Has anyone used the 660 with ForeFlight and tested to see if you can send a ForeFlight flight plan to the 660? That would be nice if that would work.

Head on over to the Beech website, sign on to portables. Great deal of info on the 660. Helped make my mind up.

Has anyone used the 660 with ForeFlight and tested to see if you can send a ForeFlight flight plan to the 660? That would be nice if that would work.
Just in case others are wondering the same thing. I will answer my own question. Yes you can send a flight plan from ForeFlight to the 660 when you are BlueTooth connected to it, there is an icon in the top row of icons in FF just click on that and send it. Also from the 660 you can have it automatically send a flight plan or any change in a plan will immediately go over to ForeFlight. It is pretty slick.

Glenn do you have a link to the Beech site? I am fumbling trying to find it to read some.

How are others getting weather on the 660? I was a bit dissapointed that you cant get xm weather on the 660. the GDL39 will get you the ads B weather, but the GDL is a bit spendy. The GTX 345 would work for wx eh Glenn? must dig out check book I guess or use the ipad. Really like the gizmo mount garmins.

jim

Glenn do you have a link to the Beech site? I am fumbling trying to find it to read some.

How are others getting weather on the 660? I was a bit dissapointed that you cant get xm weather on the 660. the GDL39 will get you the ads B weather, but the GDL is a bit spendy. The GTX 345 would work for wx eh Glenn? must dig out check book I guess or use the ipad. Really like the gizmo mount garmins.

jim

Beech Talk, "Portables"
There seems to be some suggestion that paid subscription weather might be a future software update but as of now Garmin is tight lipped. For what I do I'm satisfied with the free stuff associated with ABSB through the 345.

Link to BeechTalk Forums. It may require registration - I've been a member long enough that I no longer recall. In any case, it's free. Lots of good information, but those guys just don't appreciate "low and slow" the way we do!

Back