• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Whirlwind GA-200CN Prop

Mark Lund

FRIEND
Jewell, Iowa
I'm considering putting the Whirlwind GA-200CN ground adjustable prop on my 0-200 powered experimental Supercub. It would replace the 71-48 Mac on it right now. Weight saving is an issue and I don't think the Mac spins up as fast as it could or should.

I would bet someone in Supercub.org land has done this. How did it go?

I'm considering putting the Whirlwind GA-200CN ground adjustable prop on my 0-200 powered experimental Supercub. It would replace the 71-48 Mac on it right now. Weight saving is an issue and I don't think the Mac spins up as fast as it could or should.

I would bet someone in Supercub.org land has done this. How did it go?

Been running one on an 0-320 for two years. Better performance at the low end with no loss on the upper end.

Mark I have over 150 hrs on my Sensenich GA prop on my Ex 0200 SC. I love this prop and I think it's a lot cheaper then the WW. Weighs under 11lb and can change pitch in under 2 minutes

http://www.sensenich.com/products/item/138

Glenn

Thanks Swampdog and Glenn. I spoke with Sensenich and they told me they are doing a redesign on their prop for the Continenals and hope to have it out by later this year. The price of the prop that is being superceded was the same as the price for the Whirlwind. As noted elsewhere there are two divisions of Whirlwind making props for different applications.

I do like Sensenich's use of a simple cartridge to change pitch. Thanks again for your input.

Mark, they have been saying that for 3 years. Nothing wrong with it the way it is. Alleged problems with Bendix mags, nobody can tell you for sure. Prop has been running on Slicks for 10 years with no problems. Prop is amazing, gets off quick and goes fast. Alot of RV guys are going to them

Was ready to buy a whirlwind but couldn,t get info on modifying the prop bolt lugs. Kinda a hoaky design in my opinion. Whirlwind wouldn,t respond to my questions and Backcountry cub people didn,t seem to care. so I got a Catto. Not sorry.

Back