• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Another Cool New Toy

yes. it's a redundant G3X without engine monitoring. That'll probably come next. Built in GPS and ADHRS for under $1200. Pretty amazing.

More like the Dynon D6 / D10, I think. The article says it has a built-in GPS, but look at the photo of the unit-- it has separate airspeed and groundspeed displays, and they're reading differently. So it must also have pitot / static connections.
I'm kind of interested in replacing the vacuum gyros in my C180 with a panel-mounted (non-portable) EFIS, so here's the part of the article that interests me:

"FAA regulations prohibit non-TSO equipment like the G5 from being installed in standard category aircraft, but legislation now before Congress and backed by AOPA would allow safety-enhancing equipment such as this to be added to general aviation cockpits if approved."

I thought it would be of particular interest to G3X users. For my use? I can get adequate redundancy with my iPhone or iPad as long as my GDL39 3D is working. Even if that fails I have most of the functionality with the Garmin Pilot app, just no ADHRS. Still, it's nice to see another good option on the market. Competition drives innovation.

I thought it would be of particular interest to G3X users. For my use? I can get adequate redundancy with my iPhone or iPad as long as my GDL39 3D is working. Even if that fails I have most of the functionality with the Garmin Pilot app, just no ADHRS. Still, it's nice to see another good option on the market. Competition drives innovation.

This is all greek to me. I think I should just keep the 5 round thingies that look back at me.

Glenn

Back