• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oshkosh to Atlanta - July 2016

ATCT

Big T Airpark - Senoia, GA
Hey Yall,
Just wondering if anyone has some good grass airports that have gas between Oshkosh and Atlanta? My buddy is flying my cub to Oshkosh from AK, I'm picking her up there and bringing her to her new home at Big T Airpark. If the weather is good, I'll plan on doing it in 2 days so looking for a cool place where two of us can pop up a tent under the wing and enjoy the trip!

Madison, IN (KIMS) has self-serve fuel that was very reasonable last year as we stopped on the way to and from New Holstein, then you could camp at Lee Bottom (64I). Lee Bottom is a great grass strip just a few miles south of Madison on the Ohio River.

Dkb il free hanger grass runway free use of hanger with overnight accommodations have a great trip good luck

Starke County Airport (OXI) in northern Indiana has a nice east/west grass strip and credit card fuel. Not far enough away from Oshkosh to camp for the night (~ 200 miles), but it could be a good fuel and rest stop.

Jim

Nice info on that Starke County! Looks like a perfect first stop. I called Lee Bottom. The goal, for now, is to mosy on down to Lee Bottom, camp out for a night, then surf the Appalachians down to Hotlanta!

Kmrc Columbia Maury county has a 2000 ft grass runway and very good fuel prices it is $3.08 as of this last week end.Its just south of Nashville.and is about 200 mi south of Lee Bottom .

Kmrc Columbia Maury county has a 2000 ft grass runway and very good fuel prices it is $3.08 as of this last week end.Its just south of Nashville.and is about 200 mi south of Lee Bottom .

I stopped there on my way to Sun N Fun, nice airport.

Just 10 mi north of KMRC is hunter field 06TN 2000 ft grass strip this is where i keep my planes its a privet strip that you just got permission to use come and see us.

Back