• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Benton Air Center in Redding, CA

Anchorage, AK
I got stuck in Redding, CA while ferrying my new PA-12 north. The weather closed down on I-5 just north of here. I decided to land at Benton which is the smaller field here. I can't say enough good things about Jim Ostrich the owner of Benton Air Center! I asked them about tie downs for the night on the radio. He took a look at my airplane and said hey is that a fabric covered airplane? I told him yes. He said it's going to rain do you want to put it in the hangar for the night? I got it into the hangar and he handed me the keys to a beater pickup truck and directed me to a decent hotel with a nice bar next door. Jim's a real standup guy and has a nice operation!

I got stuck in Redding, CA while ferrying my new PA-12 north. The weather closed down on I-5 just north of here. I decided to land at Benton which is the smaller field here. I can't say enough good things about Jim Ostrich the owner of Benton Air Center! I asked them about tie downs for the night on the radio. He took a look at my airplane and said hey is that a fabric covered airplane? I told him yes. He said it's going to rain do you want to put it in the hangar for the night? I got it into the hangar and he handed me the keys to a beater pickup truck and directed me to a decent hotel with a nice bar next door. Jim's a real standup guy and has a nice operation!

Welcome to the world of Cub ownership, what you experienced happens every day all over the country. These magical little airplanes make folks smile weather they are flying them or just looking at them.

Glenn

Back