• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airframe screws getting loose solution?

RandyZ

Live in Elizabethtown, KY
Anyone have an idea on how to keep the little aluminum screws all over the wing/fuselage/access panels from vibrating out? Has become a part of my post flight now to tighten these guys along with a bug scrub. Invariably some go missing. New owner of PA-18-150. My first post on the forums😊 Thanks all.

Randy
N82518

Put a dab of clear silicon in the hole before you put the screw back in. I had to redo weight and balance on my pacer every time I flew until I learned this trick.
DENNY

Anyone have an idea on how to keep the little aluminum screws all over the wing/fuselage/access panels from vibrating out? Has become a part of my post flight now to tighten these guys along with a bug scrub. Invariably some go missing. New owner of PA-18-150. My first post on the forums Thanks all.

Randy
N82518

whoever drilled the holes used to big of a bit(to fit a clecko size)... seen many...

but now your only choice is a bigger screw...

Thanks so much for the advice guys. And so quickly. I like this forum already! Will let you know when I venture out to AL17. Currently running the wheels off this thing and looking for grass strips /$100 hamburgers �� Thanks so much to each of you for responding!

Cheers,

Randy

Randy,

I'm just up the road from you at HSV. We need to link up one of these weekends.

Cameron

Thin weed wacker line in hole then put screw in, cut flush with razor knife before fuly tight. Acts like a nylon lock nut.

Thanks Cameron & Jim! I go into Moontown often. Great little strip! Randy

Back